I HAVE GOT TO START EXERCISING AGAIN!

by anewme 13 Replies latest jw friends

• knothead34
    knothead34

I'm in the same boat! I stay away from pills because I'm afraid of what they could do to my heart and other organs, everyone's different. what didn't kill that person, might kill me! anyway, my sister(lynnmelo) and I have started the "NO S Diet". (nosdiet.com) . It's pretty basic. No sugar,No seconds, No snacks, except on "S" days which are Saturday, Sunday, and Special Occasions. I've been on it a week and have already seen a decrease in my heartburn episodes. I have a horrible sweet tooth, but it wasn't really that hard because I knew that I could have something good on the weekend. I didn't go overboard on the weekend,but I had that "thing" that I had been wanting all week! With other diets, I felt like I could never have anything sweet or I would be cheating, but with this I have something I can look forward to. Still haven't started a regular exercise program yet, but I'm going to try(maybe if I didn't spend so much time on the computer?). Anyway, people on the website have had good, moderate success. I don't care if I lose just 1 pound a week because I'm more likely to keep that off if it's a gradual loss. Good Luck!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Diet is next. For now I'm concentrating on getting out a few times a week for a walk with the pups. The exercise will give me the willpower for the diet. It gets me more centered, and then I can feel better and feel like I can actually do the diet. Probably makes no sense to anyone but me!! Today we're heading out again.

Sherry

• greendawn
    greendawn

I somehow don't like excercising in gyms to me it seems unnatural so I do more natural things to keep fit, walking, cycling and in the summer swimming.

As for dieting I never believed in using pills to increase calory burning or suppress the appetite, these aids are ineffective or sometimes dangerous. It's just a straight reducing of the calory intake to below the daily required amount.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

For me, I bought an MP3 play, loaded it up with a lot of fast paced music, hop on the bike or the treadmill and crank it until I've done my time. If you don't like music, you can download audio books on them as well. For me, I need the distraction, otherwise, I'm thinking... This sucks. This sucks. This sucks. This sucks... Thus, making me want to quit...

But, once you get into it, and you start seeing results, it gets easier. I weigh every Saturday, and as of yesterday, I've lost 97 lbs. since July. And this was all done with the help of Weight Watchers, no pills or surgerys, just diet and exercise.

I know that I keep mentioning this, and I apologize if it's starting to be annoying. But, as a fat kid, who became a fat teenager, who became a fat adult, I never thought that I would be anything other than fat. When I left the JWs, I took back a portion of control over my life. However, I was still controlled by the idea that I would never be anything other than fat. That it was genetics and I couldn't be thin. I took back another huge piece of the control of my life when I realized that I COULD be something other than fat.

That being said. I was just debating on whether to go to the gym today or not. So, I'm off to the gym.

CountryGuy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit