Hello, hope everyone is fine and dandy

by New Worldly Translation 13 Replies latest jw friends

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Hi dudes & dudesses,

I haven't posted on here for a while, so I thought I'd say hi.
    I left off visiting the forum last year cos I figured I needed to forget all about the JW's and re-invent myself and my life. Harder than I thought though as all my family are JW's and infuriating as they are, they're pretty much the only friends I have at the moment. I found that the org are ingrained in my life and my psyche that's hard to rub out. The whole history of the org and religion in general fascinates me and I'm happier taking in info about it rather than ignoring the issue.

I don't know if anyone else has this but do you find yourself thinking about religion, politics, science, social issues etc much more than people in general who have had no contact with the JW's? It's like you feel you've been duped once so you have to get as much info about everything so you can make an informed decision about what direction to take in life. I can get quite exhausted by it, but then I'm a worrier by nature. I wake up on a morning wondering what the fate of the human race will be if the universe keeps expanding! I think I need some St Johns Wort or something

Anyway I'm rather sorry I left the board for so long. I met some really great people on here, hopefully some will remember me and I can build up some friendships that I let go before.

Thanks everyone,
    Asa

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Good to have you back NWT. I can identify with this:

you feel you've been duped once so you have to get as much info about everything so you can make an informed decision

Hope you enjoy the board again.

~Merry

New Worldly Translation

Thanks Merry

Yeah it's good to be back. I'm enjoying looking back at some of the recent posts and what's been happening.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I think we become hard wired in our thinking patterns. Our thinking paths are similar to other conditioned Witnesses but different from non-Witness people. I believe that hard wiring can be changed but it's not really easy and it takes time, sort of like a stroke victim learning to think and speak and move again. We recover but we are different than we were and we're different than we would have been without exposure to Jehovah's Witness conditioning.

An example of the Witness hard wired pattern of thinking can be seen when a Witness hears the word love. A Witness can associate the work love with behaviors of hate such as shunning and snubbing.

I also think there are more than a few of us with developed multiple personalities. In another context love meant love. In the Witness personality, love meant hate. The Witnesses call the installation of the multiple personalities "putting on the new personality". Seeing this happen before their eyes is what freaks out relatives of new Witness recruits. It's an overlay for new recruits. Margaret Singer wrote about this, as did Randy Watters and Steve Hassan.

For raised in's like me, it's a hard wired thing.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Hi Asa. Welcome back. I remember you, but you wouldn't remember me. I don't think I was posting at that time. (I lurked for a long time before I started posting).

Cellist

• anewme
    anewme

Hello NWT, nice to meet you.

I came in the summer of 05 quite by accident and have stayed, not ready to move on yet I guess.

I hear you about the issues thing. I sure dont want to get duped again....very skeptical now....actually quite the hermit....kind though... a very kind hermit.

Welcome home!

Anewme

• delilah
    delilah

Welcome back, Asa....enjoy the board.

New Worldly Translation

Thanks for the welcome back everyone

We recover but we are different than we were and we're different than we would have been without exposure to Jehovah's Witness conditioning.

That's very true Gary. I had a real problem with this for a while. I thought I was going schizophrenic like my uncle Bill did (never a JW btw). I think in the end it was just stress that I wasn't the person I felt I should be if I'd lived a "normal" life and made my own choices. I was a raise-in too but I'm trying not to look back and to be more currant.

Just been re-reading your Armageddon Okies stories again Gary, classic stuff

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I remember you Asa, good to see you back. I've not been able to particpate as much lately - partly because too much good association can make you a bit of a pooter hermit so have had to restrict my time on here.

crumpet x

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Welcome back Asa!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit