Does this happen at your work?

by Chimene 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Chimene
    Chimene

OK, it's vent time. I'm being a good girl, staying off JWD. I have a pile of work to do, and it never fails. Every damn person that walks by my desk wants to stop and talk about nothing!!!!!! what does one do! Last time I tested, I typed over 100 words per minute, it has taken me almost 15 minutes for this little bit because of people stopping by, Help! Would you be rude and tell them to get LOST! ?! LOLOLOLOL

• Emma
    Emma

Can you say, "I'm so sorry; I'm on deadline and can't talk! May I come by your desk later?"

We're allowed to put up a little sign that we don't want to be disturbed.

• Chimene
    Chimene

I was thinking about putting up a sign, so ridiculous to have to go the that length, I don't understand people

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

OK ALL YOU GOOD FOR NOTHING, COFFEE OBSESSED FREAKS - BACK AWAY AND DON'T BOTHER SWEET CHIMENE FOR THE REST OF THE DAY!! CAN'T YOU SEE SHE'S A BUSY WOMAN ... GO ON, YES YOU ~~~ GO ON ~~~ PIDDLE OFF ~ THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE HERE! ZILCH ZERO ZIP O

• Chimene
    Chimene

thanks unclebruce!!! I'm going to print that off! ROFLAO!

they are seriously still pissing me off! Yeah, I just got stopped to be asked if I'm drinking coffee, what the hell to they think is in a 3 inch tall stirefoam cup??? damn! LOL

• greendawn
    greendawn

Actually that is the best way to deal with this problem even if it sounds rude or eccentric, if they keep interrupting, you can also be rude just show them the sign and carry on working. You don't have to be a soft target.

• Chimene
    Chimene

Yes, I agree, Im going to have to be rude, geese, usually if I put my head phones on and blast them, they will leave me alone, but even today, they are tapping me on my shoulder, making me shut my music off to listen to them, the last thing was "do you have a bandaid? look at my foot where my shoe rubbed me" I'm going, no, no bandaid, can I please work now?

today is going to be a prozac day, well, i'm making another attempt, on goes the Chevelle, hopefully it will work this time

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

When they come up to your desk can you just close your eyes, plug your ears and start la la la la'ing? I love that one!

• Clam
    Clam

Maybe get one of those healthcare leaflets WHAT TO DO IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE A HIGHLY INFECTIOUS SKIN DISEASE and leave it on your desk.

That might keep the buggers away.

• daystar
    daystar

Become a literal, verbose and demanding ass like me and no one will ever drop by to chit-chat. Try it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit