Kool - Aid

by dozy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

c orrect me if i'm wrong(lol),

but didn't a part of that 900 die from shotgunaid, pistolaid, or assaultrifleaid? i don't think everyone would drink the drink when offered so the hard core administered an alternative. but i'm sure your mother told you...bad associations will get you killed!

just goes to show--you don't have to drink the koolaid, you just have to be there when it's passed around.

• Kudra
    Kudra

lol just2sheep

But it actually makes me think (re "just a cheap imitation of KoolAid") about the soda they served at the conventions- it was a cheap imitation of something... Shasta? Or something even more generic...
    -Kudra

• dvw
    dvw

LEOLAIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

judas priest!!!!! FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Gadget
    Gadget
    The implication presumably being that JWs are so dumb

I disagree. The peoples temple is a well known cultic group. The reference to the kool-aid is an example of how powerful the forces of influence in the groups can be, that a person may be willing to do something harmful to themselves just because they are told to by a leader in such a group. A person can be influenced to make them think there is only one logical path forward, and so be controlled by the person influencing them. Research was carried out on this by Robert Lifton, and also Margaret Singer, if you want to find more information from google.

These groups are normally focus driven, and so somebody that is 'dumb', or anything else that may impede the momentum of the group, is not recruited. 'The more creative a mind a person has, the more his imagination can be used to control him.'(Steve Hassan, 2000). This would be the exact opposite of your statement.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Sadly, I have known several highly intelligent JW's who drunk the kool-aid, in the form of misinformed medical decisions killing them or their children. Having seen that happen, I have no doubt that many JWs would happily lay down their life if they were told to by the leaders.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Reading all of your post....I keep remembeing "Heaven's Gate"! Their leader was dieing of cancer and took some of his followers on a path of death with stories they would all be taken by a spaceship to another planet waiting for them on the otherside of Hale-Baop.

All of them that died were very intelligent so you wonder why can "intelligent people" go blindly into the night like that?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

alt

The Watchtower Cult IS Jonestown without the Kool-Aid!

Will you prove your loyality to "father"?

alt

alt

alt

alt

alt

alt

DOOMSDAY CULTS-MUST SEE 50 MINS

Doomsday Cults (Discovery Channel)

modem (low bandwidth) version

DSl/Cable (high bandwidth) version

• carla
    carla