If Jesus did not forgive a repenting satan, would He be a hypocrite?

by DavidChristopher 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

He commanded us to forgive anyone who sins agianst us. Would He not do the same as an example? Would it be "do as I say...not as I do?" Like our current GB?

Somehow..I think NOT.

Is the GB authorized to answer this question? Who on earth is?

Any thoughts?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Love your enemies.

If Satan is our enemy, should we love him too? ((((((Satan)))))

Seriously, how would Matthew 5:44 be properly applied? I doubt the Matthean author had any love for the Evil One....

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I agree... although I think Jesus will end up being a hypocrite b/c they say that Satan is not forgivable

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Where did you buy that logic?

Jesus will become a hypocrite because "THEY" say he is unforgivable? Does THEY have more authority than Him?

So He condemns hypocrites, loves and saves sinners, and He is a hypocrite? Is that how it works?

Is satan a hypocrite or a sinner?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Can one mythical creation forgive another mythical creation? Sure, why not. It might make an interesting allegory. A divine comedy even. Jesus is pretty cool and Satan sounds like he'd be up for it but I don't know if Jesus dad would let him out to play. After all in 1914 Satan waged a war in heaven and his rebel army attracted the support a third of old Jehovah's angels..

Satan: Please forgive me Lord, for pretending to be a talking snake in Eden. I didn't know your dad was so sensitive about his fruit.

Jesus: OK it is forgiven, sin no more.

Satan: And forgive me Lord, It was a quiet day in heaven and Job seemed like a sure bet.

Satan: And forgive me Lord, you looked knackered when I offered you bread.

Satan: And forgive me lord for offering you the Roman, Chinese and Aztec empires.

Jesus: OK it is forgiven, sin no more. Shit here comes Jehovah..Quick get behind me!

Satan: ..like the time I entered Judas?

• GodisRight
    GodisRight

He commanded us to forgive anyone who sins agianst us. Would He not do the same as an example? Would it be "do as I say...not as I do?" Like our current GB?

Somehow..I think NOT.

Is the GB authorized to answer this question? Who on earth is?

Any thoughts?

He commanded us to forgive someone who sinned and repented. Satan after thousands of years of lieing to Adam and Ever is seen in the bible trying to tempt Jesus in to sinning. What is there to forgive? In order to forgive someone that person must actually want to repent!

• GodisRight
    GodisRight
    I agree... although I think Jesus will end up being a hypocrite b/c they say that Satan is not forgivable

Satan has sinned against any man or woman that has ever lived. He is at fault for all the pain and suffering in life. And he does not seem to care about what he has put humans thru because he is still misleading people and getting them into trouble.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    He is at fault for all the pain and suffering in life. And he does not seem to care about what he has put humans thru because he is still misleading people and getting them into trouble

Yeah! Like in Luke 22:3 when he "entered into Judas"

• trevor
    trevor

According to the Bible, forgiveness applies to fallen imperfect humans. Those created perfect, as The Devil allegedly was, can not be forgiven.

This means that along with The Devil, forgiveness can not be granted to elves, pixies,fairies, goblins or myself.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

you guys sure know alot about satan. Do you know him? How do you know his intentions? Are you God? How can you judge someone you don't even know. Guess you would have judged Paul as condemned too. Good thing Stephen didn't while he was being stoned.

I think the lessonwe need to learn is...to spend a little more time taking up for each other and defending one another, rather than judging and condemning people/angels who you have no way of knowing their hearts and intentions. Time to quit playing God. IMO

you also need to stop presenting your own personal opinions as facts, You may accidently mislead someone you know. IMO

Being as we are not God...We have opinions...He has the truth.

Unless you are spreaking for Him...you need to let others know you aere stating your personal opinions, and views. IMO

So Jesus is a hypocrite, who called out hypocrites huh?

Do you have any proof. And why would you worship Him if He was such? Is that really smart?

Didn't the Pharisees accuse Jesus of being satan?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit