Food at Proper Time:Insider's Insight from Barbara

by Maximus 80 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

Some loyal JW emailed Maximus:

"I shall pray for your quick demise in a plane accident or a fire."

And some posters don't think JWs are capable of overt killing! LOL!

For the record, the first few pages of that January 1, 1989 Watchtower article -- the original, not the cover-up from the bound volume edition -- can be seen here:

"members.home.net/alanf00/images/w89_1_jan_cover.jpg"
    "members.home.net/alanf00/images/w89_1_jan_p10.jpg"
    "members.home.net/alanf00/images/w89_1_jan_p11.jpg"
    "members.home.net/alanf00/images/w89_1_jan_p12.jpg"

The quotation of interest is on page 12, paragraph 8.

AlanF

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Maximus,

Letters like this:

> It's bad enough you divulge the BOE letters, but now
    > you've really done it.
    > By having Barbara tell what happened at Bethel,
    > you bring ultimate reproach on God's organization

Emails like this show how dangerous some veiw unfettered truth.

I can just imagine if we were back to medieval times and the JW was the religion of the Empire they would probably put you in the mask and pour molten hot lead down your mouth, and think even that treatment would be good for you.
    Alan is so right if given the chance some would kill, that's the way mind control is, it gets people to do the unthinkable, and think nothing of it.

I'll defend your right to say it, but it doesn't mean I beleive it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

A serious question, the way i see it, is: If the faithful and discreet slave is made up of anointed ones, then why are not anointed ones called in from where ever in the world they might be so they can continue the governing body activity? These anointed all supposedly have gods spirit, so any one of them could channel the new truths from jesus, jehovah or whoever. The last i heard there were still around 8000 'anointed'. If 'jehovah' is really leading this thing with his spirit, why do they pass over 8000 spirit bearing jws, and use non-spiritual 'earthly' earthlings? I think this shows that the spirit of god has about as much to do with directing this org as.... You know what i mean.

S

• JT
    JT

The last i heard there were still around 8000 'anointed'. If 'jehovah' is really leading this thing with his spirit, why do they pass over 8000 spirit bearing jws, and use non-spiritual 'earthly' earthlings? I think this shows that the spirit of god has about as much to do with directing this org as.... You know what i mean.
    #########

Excellent point

• AlanF
    AlanF

From what I've heard, the only "anointed" the GB pays attention to are a few hundred old-timers who live in the New York area, and perhaps a tiny smattering of others. Most are viewed as crackpots.

AlanF

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli
    Most are viewed as crackpots.
    AlanF

Alan, aren't they all crackpots, the GB and the "others?"

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• Jeremy Bravo
    Jeremy Bravo

Maximus, Alan, Barbara,

You guys are on FIRE.

Barbara, don't hold back those posts; keep 'em coming!

Jer.

• Maximus
    Maximus

Permit a small clarification, Alan.

Do you know the poem about Boston, the home of the bean and the cod,
    Where the Lowells talk only to the Cabots, and the Cabots talk only to God.

Well, the GB have one-way conversations with everybody but themselves.
    And to God. Clearly that has been one-way too.

They have had a history of paying attention to NO ONE outside their mutual preening society--that is, except for the Legal Department, now running the show and trying to shovel the elephant dung that's clearly all over the place.

Maximus

• Eusebius Hieronymus
  • Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Facinating comments. Thank you.

Sorry to push the Nethinim thing, but can anyone clarify the extent of abandoning the Nethinim/"given ones" teaching?

This 'understanding' seems to be still widely held and as the GB get older and give up official authority, it appears to be the only way they can justify giving more power to non-anointed when there are 8000+ partakers.

The whole anointed/other sheep/GB concept is becoming increasingly strained as time goes on.

Again, very interesting. Thanks,

Path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit