• Scully
    Scully

Search Results

Recently Revoked - Search Results

Charities Listing: Recently Revoked
    Charity Name: Jehovah

A search using the information shown above gave this result:
    17 matches found.

Please note that the Prov column refers to Provinces and Territories.

This table lists those charities whose registration has been revoked (either voluntarily revoked or revoked due to non-compliance, such as failure to file the annual information return). Each entry contains the charity name, the city, the province and the date of revocation.

#Charity NameCityProvDate of Revocation
    1BRITISH COLUMBIA CIRCUIT 11 B OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WILLIAMS LAKE BC2006-01-28
    2BRITISH COLUMBIA CIRCUIT 11A OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES QUESNEL BC2006-01-28
    3COLLEGE HEIGHTS CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES PRINCE GEORGE BC2006-01-28
    4CONGREGATION DES TEMOINS DE JEHOVAH DE L'ILE-PERROT (QUEBEC) DORVAL QC2005-04-23
    5CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES OF SPRINGDALE GRAND FALLS -WINDSOR NL2005-03-12
    6FAIRHAVEN CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES SASKATOON SK2005-09-10
    7HENLEY CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ST. CATHARINES ONTARIO ST. CATHARINES ON2006-01-28
    8JASPER CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, ALBERTA HINTON AB2005-04-09
    9KOREAN WEST CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA BURNABY BC2005-03-12
    10MANITOBA CIRCUIT 3-A OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES BRANDON MB2006-01-28
    11MANITOBA CIRCUIT 3-B OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES YORKTON SK2006-01-28
    12NEWFOUNDLAND CIRCUIT 2-B OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ST. JOSEPH DU MOINE NS2006-01-28
    13OGEMA, SASKATCHEWAN, CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, OGEMA SK2006-01-28
    14SILVERWOOD CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES SASKATOON SK2005-09-10
    15SPANISH CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WINDSOR ONTARIO WINDSOR ON2005-04-02
    16SPANISH SOUTH CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, VANCOUVER,BRITISH COLUMBIA RICHMOND BC2005-04-02
    17SPRUCEGLEN CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES NOVAR ON2005-04-02
  • collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Looks like the JDub's are getting bitten in the ass.... Karma's a bitch!

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, everyone who fails to file the report gets "bit in the ass."

It is sloppy record-keeping. I can remember a few years back the elders got a letter in the US telling them to keep this type of report to the IRS up to date or they would lose their non-profit standing. The congregation I was in checked and 2 of the corporation officers were invalid and the forms that had been sent had been misplaced. I can imagine they were not the only ones.

Blondie

• Scully
    Scully

That's right, Blondie... it's the sloppy record-keeping that gets them almost every time.

It's kind of interesting when you dig through some of the records, and it lists the name, occupation and "position" of the trustees of each congregation/circuit. You see a lot of "Cleaning", "Carpet Installation", "Window Cleaning", "Salesperson", "Custodian", "Stationary Engineer" along side of "Presiding Overseer", "Secretary", "Service Overseer".

I think I've found a little "project" for myself over the next couple of months.

• Golf
    Golf

Howdy Scully. Hey, with that type of occupation one would think they would 'clean up' their act. It shouldn't be difficult and long with so many in the trade.

Golf

• Legolas
    Legolas

So what does that mean...will they have to start paying taxes?

• Scully
    Scully

Legolas

First of all, it means that someone screwed up by not submitting the paperwork in a timely fashion. Charitable status must be renewed annually.

Second, it means that if you make a donation to one of those congregations, it's likely that you will not get a receipt - or that if you do get one, it's not worth the paper it's written on.

Third, it means that if they don't get their act together within a certain period of time, they will be required to pay taxes. Which is why the congregations usually turn over any surplus to the WTS anyway. The government can't tax "zero".

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

[edited as the question was already asked]

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yaaay! I love research.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I know at least one of those congs (Henley in St. Catharines) has been deleted. I would assume others too, but it could be non-submittal too. Doesn't seem likely though as the WTS would make sure their interests are protected.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit