Do You Believe In The Bible At All?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you believe God used men to write his thoughts?

• OpenFireGlass
  • Ellie
    Ellie

I really don't know.

Can I just ask you another question, I have always wondered about this but never really knew who to ask.

Is there any evidence that prophecies were written before the event? Or could they have been written afterwards and made out to be older than what they are?

• minimus
    minimus

The Watchtower Society has in their "prophetic" publications that deal with Daniel, recently, "proof" that Bible history and prophecy is accurate. Years ago they had a book solely to prove that the Bible really is the word of God,.

• upside/down
    upside/down

I must admit...JWD crushed any faith I had in that "holy" book,

And I'm forever grateful!

I know "the truth" and it has indeed "set me free"!!!

u/d(of the religion is a snare and a racket class)

• luna2
    luna2

Not any more.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I believe that most of it is inspired of God but not all of it, eg the genealogies in Genesis, and the Jewish kings and their actions are more like history. There are nonetheless important truths especially in the New Testament.

• Shazard
    Shazard

A do not believe. I know that there is truth! Question is do I understand it!

• Dune
    Dune

It only took a semester of Archeology for me to lose faith in the bible.

I always leaned on the understanding that the bible was scientifically valid.

However, after learning about carbon and potassium(volcanic) dating, the possibility of a 49,000 year old earth went out the window. But maybe its not so much as the bible itself, but more of the WTBS interpretation of it.

I've also been reading about the mosaic law and the claim by some creationist that the sanitation laws were before their time.

• whyizit
    whyizit

Personally, I DO.

I was indocrtrinated in to the cult of Evolution. I believed it for many years. People were a result of crawling out of a slimy putrid soup of goo, and I behaved accordingly. I trusted many educated believers of the Evolutionary "truth". They were so smart....it all made sense. Then I just so happened to listen to a Creation Scientist, and the walls came tumbling down! Suddenly the Bible made way more sense than the Evolution BS I had been taught all through school.

I am not a "religious" person. I don't believe a religion is ever going to save me. But, Jesus......NOW that's another story. The best advice I ever received was from the person who told me to read the Bible. Don't use other books, don't ask opinions of men, JUST read IT. Start at the New Test. and read the Old Test. last. You can see the evidence of Jesus all the way through. It's amazing.

And the truth that is in the Bible will make apparent any of the lies that any one else has told you. The pages are alive with truth. Not religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit