Is the Watchtower Society guilty of this?

by Honesty 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

Does the Watchtower Society go beyond what is written in the bible with their doctrines?

I have doubts that any of the following Watchtower doctrinal issues are specifically mentioned as 'Do's" or "Don'ts" in God's Word:

Attire

Beards

Blood

Military Service

Voting

YMCA Membership

Boy Scouts

Girl Scouts

Can you think of any others?

• carla
    carla

Ahh, yes, but the answer to all of those is--'we are supposed to listen to those in authority over us'. That's the answer I get ALL the time for those. Or the ever famous, 'I suppose you think you can do whatever you want?!" hmm, let's see here, God gave me a brain but.........I shouldn't use it? am not qualified to use it?

• greendawn
    greendawn

If you don't go out to preach you are worthless whatever else you do in life.

Giving in preaching time reports

Blindly obeying an FDS supposedly giving out light at the exclusion of everyone else.

• Joe Witless
    Joe Witless

smoking

Additional thought: why is smoking a disfellowshipping offense and gluttony not.

Obesity causes alot of health problems just like smoking does.

• peacefulpete
  • Spectre
    Spectre

I want cake.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

you know what? ive been inactive for over 4 years now, but im goin to go to the hall and give in a field service report, and report all the time ive spent on this website, then im gonna say at the bottom to check out JWD... i wonder what t heyd say!! h aha

the infamous one

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

Nothin. It would go straight in the bin and you'd br told to piss off. Still worth doin though.

• ezra
    ezra

no we do not go beyond the written word

• upside/down
    upside/down

The list could be quite long...

No reading of fiction (esp science fiction)

Sky diving, motorcycle riding, skiing...

Pinatas and Windchimes

Video games

Husbands must be pussywhipped...(to qualify for "priveleges")

Wives are to be alpha bitches...(to qualify to be the wife of a dude with "priveleges")

Romance Novels

2 door cars

motocross riding

hunting (depends on locale)

parades

competetive sports (forget about Jacob wrestling the angel...or Jehovah's pissing match with the Debil)

owning and shooting guns

Sports for kids

Bikini's

Boob jobs

Butt luvin...

Dating ( I think they'd prefer arranged marriages if they could get away with it)

Rock & Roll

Gambling

Toasting

Saying "God Bless You" to a sneeze...

The Internet

Counting "Time"

hell... I could go on and on and on and on.....

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit