What do you call people who adopt other opinions without researching them?

by DavidChristopher 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

I was talking to two elders yesterday....

I was confronted about the whole "bad associations" question. I asked them what "bad associations" were. They have no idea what bad associations are to the Author, only their opinions and the opinions of their chosen leaders. What if THEY are my opinion of what bad associations are? Who is right? Who is wrong? Should't they be more occupied trying to research on their own to find and PROVE what the author meant by "bad associations", rather than pinning the term on those who disagree with them?

Finally....If we are to stay away from "bad associations" or "lost sheep" who is going to go after them to try and save them? Who's job and responsibility is that?

I am looking for a term or new word to describe: A person who adopts another's researched opinion..without investigating it for themselves?

Now: A person who researches another's opinion before adopting it as their own..or deleloping their own opinion through research.

I am looking for some new words to describe each of these...any help?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Credulous

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Could I get your definition of that word?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define%3A+credulous

Definitions of credulous on the Web:

• disposed to believe on little evidence; "the gimmick would convince none but the most credulous"
    • showing a lack of judgment or experience; "so credulous he believes everything he reads"
      wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

• gullible, as in: What kind of credulous fool do you think I am, to believe in such an impossible scheme?
    www.business-words.com/dictionary/C_2.html
  • jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Kool-Aid Drinkers..

• unique1
    unique1

Ignorant:

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
    2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
    3. Unaware or uninformed.
  • scotsman
    scotsman

Human.

• greendawn
    greendawn

You can call them gullible, naive, ignorant or semi ignorant, superficialy minded. With so many conmen around one has to view critically everything he is told there are no margins for accepting anything uncritically, need to be like the Bereans.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Cult fodder.

W

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

That fits. credulous. Thank you.

What about the opposite side?

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit