Greg Staffords books

by Oldhippie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Oldhippie
    Oldhippie

Norm...Thanks for posting the commentary. I am interested in reading his book, however I do not want to waste my time and money if there is nothing more than what could be found in the WT publications.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

God Damn! I can't believe I can still be shocked. Jan, thanks for posting that.

Greg, you sleazy sumbitch. I'm not kidding here, if we ever meet, I'm going to spit in your face. I HATE cold blooded liars.

Saving a lougie for you Greg Stafford.-- Six

• Norm
    Norm

Hello Old Hippie,

You are welcome. Maybe we should get together for a chat one of these days? I am sure we have a lot in common. My telephone is 22 29 03 56.

Take care,

Norm

• ArgCampeon
    ArgCampeon

SixofNine: Swallow it.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Old hippie Stafford's book is well worth reading, his approach is completely different than the Organization's. The 2nd release has a lot more material that the first and includes material regarding NWT translation. Stafford waffles a little on one translation issue but for the most part is pretty straight forward.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I wonder outloud what Maximus, the redactor, thinks of all of this.

hehehehehehehehehehehehe

hawk

• COMF
    COMF

Hey, Six, I take it you missed out on the infamous scene on H2O where Greg Stafford self-destructed before all onlookers?

He had an established screen name, and everybody knew who he was. He had been debating with AlanF and some of the otherH2O regulars. Then one day he logged on pretending to be somebody else, and posted a message in which he claimed that Greg Stafford's reason and logic had devastated the opposition and that he (the anonymous new poster) was greatly impressed by his delivery style and intellect, or something like that.

Poor Greg failed to notice that the H2O Administrator had edited the forum code so that a user's login screen name appeared in the header of his post. So Greg had logged in as himself, thinking he could post anonymously and no one would ever know the difference. His narcissistic "anonymous" post had his well-known screen name emblazoned across the top of it.

To make matters worse, the H2O administrator saw what had happened and deleted the post. Normally, when a post was deleted, it went into a holding area where it could be reviewed by the curious, but in this case it was even deleted from the holding area. Why? The speculation was that this was done to hide Greg's very public gaffe, because H2O administration was sympathetic to reform rather than demolition, and were supportive of Greg and his views. It seems that, in harmony with their leaders the self-dubbed FDS, they had rated expediency above honesty.

Fortunately, several board regulars had seen the post before it was deleted, and a great furor arose over it. Greg Stafford lost, for all time, any dignity and respect he might ever have had from everyone who knew about those events.

Maybe someone with a better memory, or with some of the archived posts from that episode, can fill in more details.

COMF

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Actually Comf, that's the sad part, I didn't catch the actual event, but was around when Stafford tryed coming back a few months later, as if it was no big deal. It's a big deal.

I don't know why I was so shocked by what Jan posted. Maybe because of the gall it took for him to put it in print.

• Grunt
    Grunt

Here, in all his Honesty and Integrity is Greg Stafford/TravisJ45 as saved by AF:

Stafford Wins..Now what?
    Posted by TravisJ45 [GregStafford] on November 03, 1999 at 07:53:07 {eZOTANvCI6/CPYT8orz2XxZ4XktaQ.}:

I spent all day yesterday and most of the night reading through Greg Stafford's responses to AF. I am currently a member of a JW congregation but over the years I have had doubts about some things. I still do. But as far as this debate between Greg and AF goes Greg wins. To me AF's arguments are not that strong and he comes across a bit arrogant. I am not sure if I am more impressed with Greg's patience or his ability to argue. I honestly cannot see the point in continuing this debate. I recommend AF step out of the debate circle and let someone like COJ debate Greg about something like the gentile times chronology. Or maybe we can hear more about the blood issue. I for one do not plan on reading through nearly 100 pages of this debate again!

TJ45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we shall see if what I see as a bunch of excuses from H2O administrators as to why the post was deleted are good reasons, or mere excuses.

AF

• LDH
    LDH

HAHAHAHA I don't remember the incident, but when I first started lurking on H2O, after Witnet closed, I remembered Stafford trying to regain some respect.

I think he tried the line 'It was a friend posting under my screen name' or summat equally as stupid.

At one time wasn't there speculation that he was a WT stoolie?

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit