Hello everyone

by JUG 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hello and welcome, Jug!

I'm glad you are now out of that cult and getting on with your life. It takes time to get your feet on the ground when everyone you cared about dumps you...I know.

It's pretty awful for a while but it gets ever so much better when you know that you can come and go whenever and wherever you want to and never have to schedule your plans around "kingdom activities"! It is really great having that new sense of complete freedom!

I'm glad you found us here and look forward to hearing more from your little corner of the world!

hugs,

Annie

• MsUrsy
    MsUrsy

Hi Jug,

I was never disfellowshipped, but chose to walk away after 16 years....What a sense of freedom for sure. My experience in the congregations, (cause I went to a few), was nastiness on the part of a lot of folks there, cliques, and downright favoritism. I think it is amazing being out and feeling like I am a worthy person for the first time in 16 years. My husband and I and our 3 girls were the only witnesses in our family. People knew that at the Kingdom Hall, knew we had no other outlets or friends besides them, or should I say, "potential friends." And most of them ignored us, shunned us treated us like we weren't even there. A friend of mine would tell me...you have that look of "don't talk to me". That is the person I became...Never again. I will never allow an orgainization of self righteous people make me feel like I am not important...I am rambling cause I can hear your sigh of relief, and wanted to let you know I feel exactly the same way!! Welcome!

• jojochan
    jojochan

YYYAAAYYYYY!!!

Welcome to the forum JUG! Glad to hear you are busy living!

jojochan.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Thanks for your expierance. We all have alot in common on this board. I'm glad to hear that you've found happiness outside of the organization. Look forward to more of your posts.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Hey JUG, welcome to the board!! You'll find lots of people here that you have a lot in common with - so did I, and I've never been a JW, I'm just dating one!! Everyone here is great, they're always there to listen and help out with whatever you need, whenever you need it. I don't know what I'd do if I hadn't found this board, it's helped me out a lot, and I'm sure it'll help you out lots, too.

We're all glad to have you here. Stick around!!

-Becka :)

• Gynesz
    Gynesz

Welcome to the boards! :D

- Gynesz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit