I think many of you will return to the religion one day

by free2beme 98 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I don't mean this as an insult, more of a life experience thing. I saw a lot of people leave in my years there and a lot were angry with the religion and the people, and some even protested the Kingdom Halls and wrote things in the newspapers. A lot though, came back in time, as it was just the comfort zone they felt at ease in. Perhaps it is the family and friend acceptance, or maybe it just all the fear they put into us over the years. I just know a lot of people who post here, even if it is the ones who posted less then a 100 times, or maybe even the long time people. You don't know how your life will go and what it might lead you too, enough to say there is no chance 100% of you will stay away. Only certain things about the future, is that it is not written yet.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Interesting view! Only will tell!

• Forscher
    Forscher

Anything can happen. The relationship with the organization is much like the relationship a battered woman has with the batterer. They often go back because they do get something out of the relationship. It is a co-dependency. Remember that longtime JWs are really quite unprepared to function outside of the organization because it is everything in their lives. The uncertainty outside can be quite hard for a JW. Yes, free2beme, some may well go back. But many won't!
    Forscher

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone
    The relationship with the organization is much like the relationship a battered woman has with the batterer. They often go back because they do get something out of the relationship. It is a co-dependency. Remember that longtime JWs are really quite unprepared to function outside of the organization because it is everything in their lives. The uncertainty outside can be quite hard for a JW.

I completely agree.

I've seen many people DF'd who return. But almost always, it's because of just such a co-dependant relationship. They couldn't make it on the outside, and eventually returned. But nothing had changed.

I have so much respect for those here who have left and created new lives for themselves. It's sooooo hard, and it takes determination, and the support from sites like this helps a lot. But in the final analysis, the people who leave and move on are people who know who they are and what they want, and set out to get it.

Inspiring.

GGG

• ferret
    ferret

freetobeme : there is not one tenth of one% chance of me ever going back to WT prison, even though most of my family are still in.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    A lot though, came back in time, as it was just the comfort zone they felt at ease in.

Hey, now! Don't be wishin' evil on me! I never did feel comfortable in the kingdom hall. Never! I hated commenting, I hated going out in field service, I hated going to the meetings, I really hated going to the conventions...need I say more. I felt that I could worship Jehovah at home, so that's what I did. Too bad that I didn't learn that Jehovah didn't associate with the Witnesses (Well, the FDS.)! (I'm such a numbskull!)

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

When I first started posting on this site you could put a tag line at the end of your post. Mine read: I'll go back when pigs fly!

I doubt anything the WTS could do would change my mind about that. I'm darn sure that I won't let my family talk me into returning. Like a dog to it's vomit.

But it's a free world free2beme and you can believe anything you wish.

• luna2
    luna2

I'm with you, bikerchic! In fact, I wouldn't go back even if squadrons of pigs did an aerobatic show every day at noon.

How can you come to know that this religion, which arrogantly calls itself the TRUTH, is full of lies top to bottom and go back? The only way I can see it if is if you have family in and you can't stand the shunning. I suppose some want that association back so badly that they'll bury the real truth and dive back into the contaminated waters of dubdom. I feel so bad for those that feel that is the only choice that will make them happy.

• jonsey
    jonsey

It's been 20 years since I have been to a hall. I have not heard from who I thought were friends in over 15 years. I hear what your saying..and it may happen to some...but I will not be one of them. I have a great life with my wife my co-workers and all of the people I meet when I DJ thier events. I could not ask for anything better. I have met some great people on this board and even one that I may have bumped into 20 years ago...and she called me to cheer me up! Again, I could not ask for more!

MJ

• Calliope
    Calliope

i think about it everyday :(
    (i'm not officially out, you see, but i haven't been to a meeting in 3 months).

i can't bare to think of the inevitability of losing friends, family.
    i don't have any friends outside of the bOrg.
    s'why i'm here on a friday night. sigh.
    so i think "will i buckle under the pressure of one more night alone?"

calliopé

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit