Their "BIG" news 'KNOCKING' documentary

by DannyHaszard 125 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• John Doe
    John Doe

Here's the bio off of the knocking site.

Joel P. Engardio was the recipient of the 2000 National Press Foundation award for science writing. In 2003, the Society of Professional Journalists named Engardio best opinion writer in Northern California. He was a finalist for the University of Missouri's 1999 national lifestyle writing awards in multicultural journalism. Engardio has written for the Los Angeles Times, New York Times, San Francisco Chronicle, San Francisco Weekly, Newsweek, Boston Globe, Christian Science Monitor and P.O.V. magazine. In television, Engardio worked as an associate producer for ABC News at the newsmagazine 20/20 and the network's documentary unit, Turning Point. He graduated from Michigan State University with a dual B.A. degree in journalism and history. Engardio was raised a Jehovah's Witness in Michigan, but never joined the religion. His mother is the only Jehovah's Witness in his Catholic family. Engardio currently lives in San Francisco.
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Engardio was raised a Jehovah's Witness in Michigan, but never joined the religion

Dubious disclaimer paradox.This is the thing with them denial (lying)i s the order of the day,this way anything goes because technically he ain't a dub,same with my peers growing up some where smart and clever not to get dunked so they were untouchables.

A center piece of this film is of course the Nazi persecution after +60 years they are still using it to exalt their cult.Hello! 55 million humans perished in WW II including the young men and women who died in battle to liberate the Jehovah's Witnesses interned in the death camps because Rutherfords's double-crossing Hitler put them there in the first place.

Hitler - Jehovah's Witnesses' secret lover?
    Kentucky Lake Times, KY - Feb 25, 2006
    According to a review for the book Jehovah's Witnesses and the Third Reich, this is an "extremely well documented" book "with new primary and secondary sources ...

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

SickofLies said,

Don't be fooled by Watchtower apologists in disguise, this is a real threat. Remember we are in an information warfare campaign with the WTS. This is clearly an attempt by the JW's to use an outsider they have influence over to put out a piece of their own propaganda crap to soften public perception of them to increase their ministry effort and enslave more minds.

Ineresting points!

There has been SO MANY websites and so much "bad press" online about this CULT...that the blindsheep OF the cult, are clearly struggling to present their "undeniably truthful" documentary.

This is theocratic warfare at it’s best, note that if the WTS does indeed have finical ties or other interests in investing in this film they are NOT directly responsible for any lies that may be in the description of the film as they are put there by a non-JW! I would not be suprised if after this film is released that the film maker recieves a (pre??) gaurenteed order from the WTS to supply all the congregations with. The mere fact that its being prepared in other languages show the producer knows he has a prearanged market for them. This must be faught!

We can all be assured (yeah-right) that the WTS is completely unaware of this "documentary" on their "faith", and of course will have NO business in pursuing ANY monetary interest in it.

For as long as I can recall----the Watchtowergod had never shown any interest in refuting all the bad hype he has gotten, or will ever get embroiled in some JW peons who are trying to garner interest IN the cult...or trying to dispel the general public's apathy towards them AND the cult's poisonous and unchristian teachings.

As disgusted as this (or ANY) so-called glowing documentary makes me....I see this as a tempest in a teapot, and a feeble attempt to make any uneducated nonJW viewrs see how "hard they work" for an admittedly imperfect and faulty religious publishing empire.

• Jourles
    Jourles

This will be showing in my town next Friday at 7:00pm. It appears to be the only time it will run, so I am expecting to see many JW's attending it as well. This could get interesting. The website also states that Joel E. will be there as well.

Any questions I should ask him?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

(IMO)I only wish there were some way to make another movie called 'Jehovah Witnesses - death, deceipt and destruction'..the real truth about the truth.

Interviews of families that have been cut off, exposure from ex elders, stories through our written contacts of those who have died and sharing those stories unabridged and uncut to reveal the pain and suffering they endured, magazine articles that clearly show the lies and interpretation, financial disclosure of the organization, treatment of women, pediophilia...and the list goes on. Only until we have another documentary that offsets this one will the average person see the truth and maybe then one person will be saved from joining this cult. Maybe there is money in the PBS to allow for an alternate view - to not provide the opportunity would be tantamount to discrimination don't you think?

sammieswife.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ask him, in his pursuit of balanced journalism, if he interviewed any former witnesses?

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I' ve been in touch with the East Lansing Film Festival people ( the ones screening this film at Michigan State ) and I have arranged for 150 flyers to be distributed asking the question, " Jehovah's Witnesses a cult ? " then " Read . . .' In The Truth ' . . . along with info from the back of the book. Wish I had a scanner so I could show it to you all, but I do not. I did send a copy to Randy Watters. He may not get it before Monday.

According to the ELFF people, they expect a large turnout and they may have to show the film in a larger auditorium.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    According to the ELFF people, they expect a large turnout and they may have to show the film in a larger auditorium.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear if they announce this film(in a roundabout way) at the circuit assembly going on this weekend in Holt, MI. If they don't, then I'm sure the gabbers will spread the word. I'll ask my wife if she hears anything from this weekend about it.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Behind the camera with Howard Shack Open this result in new window Cleveland Jewish News - Mar 20 7:41 AM The documentary "Knocking,” screening at the Cleveland International Film Festival, has a Cleveland connection. The cinematographer is former Beachwood resident Howard Shack, a 1994 graduate of Stanford University's documentary film program.

Arts Behind the camera with Howard Shack

By: ARLENE FINE, Staff Reporter

The documentary "Knocking,” screening at the Cleveland International Film Festival, has a Cleveland connection.

The cinematographer is former Beachwood resident Howard Shack, a 1994 graduate of Stanford University's documentary film program. "Knocking” graphically portrays how Jehovah's Witnesses won legal victories that protected civil liberties and free choice for all Americans. "Because their religion prohibits blood transfusions Jehovah's Witnesses risked their lives in pursuit of new bloodless technology now used on all types of patients,” explains Shack.

During WWII, Jehovah's Witnesses resisted Hitler and the Nazis. As a result, they were sent to the concentration camps where most perished.

"In making the film we followed three different characters and watched as each of them grappled with what it means to be a Jehovah's Witness,” says Shack. "We had over 100 hours of material portraying how an often misunderstood and maligned community has survived against the odds and helped us all in ways we never knew.”

65 minutes. Screening at CIFF Fri., March 17, at 7 p.m.; Sat., March 18, at 2:30 p.m.; and Mon., March 20, at 9:45 a.m.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Behind the camera with Howard Shack
    Cleveland Jewish News, OH - 12 minutes ago
    "Knocking” tells the story of Jehovah's Witnesses and was shot over the course of two years at Kingdom Halls (Jehovah's Witness meeting centers), conventions ...

NOW,any prior posting apologist want to deny that this is a Pro-JW puff piece?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit