Are you tempted to celebrate V-Day with your DUB mate?

by stillAwitness 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Valentine's Day is Tuesday and I was just wondering; for those who still have mates in DUB land...is it tempting to maybe buy them flowers or insist on a dinner date on such a lovey-dovey day?

I saw some yellow roses on sale today at WalMart and was tempted to get some for my mom then I realized I'd better wait till after the 14th.

Silly aint it?

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Yup.

I sent my JW boyfriend a Valentine's Day card last week, so he should get it in time for Tuesday.

Will he like it?? Probably not. Will he complain?? Probably.

Do I care?? Nope.

I wanted to send him a card, so I sent him a card. It's like my mom tells me, "Just because he doesn't celebrate, doesn't mean that you can't."

My mom's a very smart woman.

-Becka :)

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Super_Becka: Will he like it?? Probably not. Will he complain?? Probably.

Trust me, deep down he will be glad that you did..and I bet he will keep it in a safe place. I never threw away any of my holiday cards.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    Trust me, deep down he will be glad that you did..and I bet he will keep it in a safe place.

I hope so, it's my way of showing him that I care about him. I don't need a special occasion to send him a card, I send him cards on a regular basis, but sometimes, it's nice to have a special occasion to share with someone special, and I want to share this particular day with him because he's so important to me.

He'll definitely grumble about it, though, even if it's just an act. I'm willing to bet that he won't tell anyone about the card, though - his whole family are JWs and they probably wouldn't approve.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I would love to but she would report me to the elders!! very romantic eh?

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Super_Becka: He'll definitely grumble about it, though, even if it's just an act. I'm willing to bet that he won't tell anyone about the card, though - his whole family are JWs and they probably wouldn't approve.

Man, I'm praying for you girl. I remember reading your thread about your situation. You must really care about him. Standing by your man even if he is in a brainwashing cult? Good for you!

• Dune
    Dune

Being a witness never stopped me from sending flowers to the girls i was infatu..i mean loved :-d.

• Highlander
    Highlander

What does your BF's family think about him dating someone that isn't a witness?

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    You must really care about him. Standing by your man even if he is in a brainwashing cult? Good for you!

I do, he means the world to me. He's a great guy, he's everything I ever wanted in a guy, JW-ness notwithstanding. I'll stand by him as long as he'll let me. If this works out, great, and if it doesn't, the blame will be placed squarely on the WTS.

I don't blame my boyfriend for the way he is, I blame the WTS.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    What does your BF's family think about him dating someone that isn't a witness?

They think I'm great (I've met his parents and siblings) - his parents have even asked him when he's going to propose!! His sister is married to a non-JW, and his other sister has two kids out of wedlock from non-JW fathers, so the whole "stay away from worldly people" thing kinda doesn't apply in his family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit