Trinity pamphlet, - a response & research

by Kristofer 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

I'm not sure how much of this is old news to y'all but after being handed this literature, I was trying to find evidence on the Ante-Nicene Fathers it quotes in this pamphlet. I figured, if early Christians didn't believe in it, then, to me anyway, the doctrine held some water. I stumbled upon this essay by Eric Francke which is a direct response to the pamphlet and very well written in my opinion. I also found a link to the writings of the early church fathers that you can read for yourself rather than listen to what other people think they said. I was shocked by the academic dihonestly. Happy reading:

http://www.ccel.org/fathers2/

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

I didn't know how to make my urls into links. Sorry about that

• MerryMagdalene
  • Hellrider
    Hellrider

I read thru them now. The dishonesty of the WTS just shocks me even more and more. Someone should write a book called "The art of ripping passages out of context", using WTS-litterature as examples. They truly are the intellectually (although I hate to use that word about them) most dishonest people in the world. I saw an article once before, written by Alan F, in which he showed how they twisted statements from scientists and ripped quotes out of context to make them suit their agenda, and I was shocked. Well, this trinity-brochure is even more shocking, one a person reads the full quotes from the early church fathers, and the context in which is was written. I want to encourage all JWs who are reading this, to check out what the early church fathers waid for themselves, and then examine the JW-trinity-pamphlet again.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm beyond caring about arguing the Trinity doctrine, but it was the WTS Trinity Borchure that put the last nail in the coffin, for me, regarding and residual belief that they were just misguided.

Freeminds has a brochure available that shows the source of all the quotes they use. They are clearly completely dishonest in how they pick and match excerpts. It additionally made me wonder that if their case was so watertight, why resort to those methods?

alt

http://www.freeminds.org/sales/books.htm

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

In my case, the broshure was released after I had already researched the writings of the apostolic fathers/apologists, and I was really shocked at the misrepresentation.....this was the proverbial "last straw" for me. When the book study started covering the broshure, I tried to find whatever excuse not to go to meetings because I could not sit there and have to let these misrepresentations pass...

• PMJ
    PMJ

well the trinity is a false doctrine any way.jehovah is GOD jesus is his son its simple

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

YOu gotta love the open mind.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

PMJ

well the trinity is a false doctrine any way.jehovah is GOD jesus is his son its simple

The issue here isn't the veracity of the doctrine. The issue here is the misrepresentation by the WTS who for decades have misquoted real researchers and academics and twisted what other people say to suit their own purpose.

Please stay on topic

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

PMJ:Is it possible for you to miss the point so completely? Regardless of whether they are right or wrong about the doctrine, they're lying to you, man!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit