THE PURPLE TRIANGLE! Would you force children to watch it?

by vomit 13 Replies latest jw friends

• vomit
    vomit

One of my worst memorys as a child, just before my mother was bapthised was when her study conductor had the idea of everybody watching the "Purple Triangle" together. I was about 11, I didnt want to watch it from the outset and a few minutes in, I really didnt want to watch it. In my nature I hate anything to do with violence, 20 years later I still feel watching that at such a young age does not build positive effects.
    Has anybody else here watched it?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I watched it as a child and thought it was boring.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

my sister's congo actually had a party to watch it....

cheesecake, nachos, and everything....sick basturds....

i was 7 or 8 at the time....

luv, jojo

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I'm a scuker for anything having to do with death. I cried my eyes out when I saw it and have never wanted to see it since.

I read an interesting article about that whole 'purple triangle' issue. Many scholars believe that Hitler had nothing against the DUBS except for the fact that he just throught they were weird if you will. That's why he allowed them the option to not even be in the camps.

Yet, we all know the Society likes to insist that Hitler was "attacking our faith" and all. When really, its been said that Hitler just thought they were quacks.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

when we had to do a history report on WWII in 8 grade, my mom MADE me mention the dubs........so embarassing!!!

luv, jojo

• Carmel
    Carmel

Never heard of it! Then of course I'm not into flicks.

carmel

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I’ve seen the movie and I wouldn’t let my kids watch it because its propaganda, it’s just a one-sided story to make JW’s look good. I’m not saying the family’s story isn’t true, but truth is greater then fiction, and particularly in war time, their are many stories of bravery and sacrifice, many people gave up their life to save others and to reject Hitler, some were German citizens and they also opposed Hitler till the death and their story is just one of many, but because they didn’t belong to a cult who is trying to get some publicity then we don’t hear of them.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I was going to watch it but could never be bothered.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Mental boot camp

{{ During the 1960's we had K.Hall service meeting skits on how to endure rape torture and plunder and lessons on drinking my own urine in the concentration camps during the final assult of 'gog of magog'."Cuban dictator Castro wrapped two of our faithful bro's in barbed wire, and buried them alive in a vat of wet cement." Would i as an 8 year old be as strong for Jehover? }}

From Danny's blog

• rebel8
    rebel8

stilla, you might find this interesting. Another example of the WTS' lack of political neutrality, this time with the Nazis! http://www.freeminds.org/history/sleeping.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit