This question is not meant to be..well..weird but....

by stillAwitness 49 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Do any of you parents and/or sons and daughters feel weird about sleeping in the same bed as your parent and/or son or daughter?

Is there a certain age that this behavior becomes inappropriate?

I ask this because the C.O and his wife that are staying with us this week: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/107349/1.ashx brought along their 18 year old daugher. We assumed they would all just sleep in the same guest room togethor which has a king size bed but apparently they quickly requested if there daughter could be in another room??

I just thought it was weird. My parents used to always get the hotel rooms with the single bed cause it was always cheaper than the 2 beds.

Ya think its just a cultural thing? (There american) Or maybe the times are just changing?

• Think
    Think

I China entire family sleep in one bed.

• Calliope
    Calliope

i don't think it was weird of them not to want to sleep with their daughter in the room / same bed.

camping is different. but in a house...

• Calliope
    Calliope

okay, just to clarify... my view is from a northamerican standpoint.

• Highlander
    Highlander

maybe the CO and his wife wanted to 'get busy'

On a serious note, when it comes to traveling with family, I'm not too picky, I prefer to have my own room or at least my own bed, however beggars can't be choosers

and since it's a temporary stay I'm never too picky about accommodations

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

My daughter came in our bed for a quick cuddle until she was 9. After that he stopped. Our children have never slept in the same bed ever

• bebu
    bebu

All three adults in a king-size bed??

Well, that's weird by my book. I would request a separate cot at least, if another room is not available.

bebu

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

All three adults in a king-size bed??

Well, that's weird by my book. I would request a separate cot at least, if another room is not available.

bebu maybe bebu is right. lol. I dunno-i guess every culture is different.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Tough call on this, IMO.

Since they are travelling, they should be prepared to make sacrifices. A king size bed can comfortably sleep three adults (trust me on this! they could even do more than sleep...)

OTOH, my personal Canadian heritage says that any child older than "tween" should be in his/her own bed, in most cases.

Then again, Michael Jackson had young kids in his bed all the time, and no one thought that was weird.... oh, wait a minute.... never mind!

~Q

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

If I was 18...I would NEVER sleep in the bed with my parents...do people do that? What do you mean by cultural thing??? I didn't think anybody did that unless under dire circumstances...like and earthquake or hurricane, etc. Just my 2 cents

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit