URGENT! Need help!

by SlayerLayer 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Slayer,
    Please keep us posted on how this 607 approach works with your mom,also any thing else you use.
    I'm trying to figure out how to handle my mom and I'm sure others here are in a simular situation as we are.Theres been some good sugestions so far.
    Thanks,
    Ranchette

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

PS - Tell her to go to her Kingdom Hall and look in the 1968 bound volume under what do the 1970's mean to you (October I think.) It's pretty obvious -- I showed it to my dad and he admitted they did say that.

Then show her the scripture on false prophets setting a date in the name of Jehovah and the date not happening (look in your index cause I don't have a bible at work.)

Show her the scripture to test your faith in the teachings of man. (Why the hell would people leave the truth just so they can spread lies? That is so stupid.)

Also show her that the great crowd was standing BEFORE THE THRONE (the throne is in heaven.)

The bible says the earth will melt.

• thewiz
    thewiz

If you need something from a secular scholarly source I can find in some issues of my Biblical Archeaoly Review mags.

I recall someone asking point blank (in comments and Queries), why does bible archeaology give a destruction date of Jersalem, which appears to be rock solid, at ?586 B.C.E. and the JWs give 607 B.C.E.

You'll have to give me a little time, but I'll find it.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Actually facing something very similar with my parents and I'm watching this thread with an eager eye.

I like the 607 approach. Do you all think that maybe have her prove the date using NO publications and then have her prove the date WITH the publications? ALL of them?

I wonder.

Slipnslidemaster: "I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves."
    - Ludwig Wittgenstein

• StifflersErSlayersBrother
    StifflersErSlayersBrother

Ah yes mommy and daddy at there finest. Im here for ya bro, lookin forward to what mom finds. lol

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

SL, Just to let you know that when I first decided the truth was a big fat lie, my husband was dead opposed. The very thing that got him to *think* was that we went to library after library looking for proof for 607. It was downhill after that! Good luck with your mom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit