Missed you guys, had "The Talk" with ...

by reagan_oconnor 12 Replies latest jw friends

• AngelofMuZiC
    AngelofMuZiC

Welcome back Reagan

The whole other belief thing is really a problem, which makes the JW's so completely hypocritical. Some of them do not even realize they do, because it has been either drilled into them, or fed to them slowly. Fortunately, I don't have that problem with my mother. I have a lot of friends who believe many different things anywhere from Catholocism to Wicca to Bhuddism. She always is interested in what they believe. She likes hearing their stories and whatnot...but then she busts out her WT's and AK's, and makes them promise to read them. I hope that everything will work out eventually for you and your family.

My Regards,
    Joanne

• Lindy
    Lindy

Hi honey! Glad to see ya back and that all went sorta well with your parents. You are right, they can not understand. I look back on myself as a JW and I was the same as them and more. I could be (and still can be) an arrogant ass... They did compromise with you some though, and that is a good sign. That at least leaves the road open for what ever the future holds between you guys.

As Always,
    Lindy

• troubled
    troubled

Hi Reagan,

Thanks for your post. I've read several of them and have found them very thought-provoking.

I think you were very loving toward your mom. That must have been difficult, as you say they haven't spoken to you but once in the last year. I'm sure that has caused alot of pain for you. Yet you handled her with love and honesty. I really respect you for that. It couldn't have been an easy thing.

Regarding your ex doing research and your mom making the statement about apostate literature: Yup, any kind of evidence brought up about wrongdoing in the WTBTS is automatically considered "apostate." People want to jump back like they've been burned on the stove. It's so sad. That's why I'm so afraid to come forward with anything. I know it will be considered rebellion, rather than disillusionment and honest questioning.

I have just one friend in the Hall I can honestly talk to about this. We're doing research and discussing some of the stuff I've found on the Net.

But it's crazy, the way we have to sneak around and hiding the info from our husbands, like we're criminals. Two middle-aged women feeling like ashamed and guilty spies, disloyal simply because we want to READ something and weigh both sides.

Sometimes, I think I am just going nuts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit