What Bethelites Are Saying About The Layoffs

by wanda 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wanda
    wanda

For those who have friends there or who just left there, what is being said about this?

• sf
    sf

Damn. I thought YOU had the scoop.

sKally

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Jehovah needs the force to proclaim the word in field service

• Chimene
    Chimene

ruh roh raggy! we ran out of scooby snacks!

• moshe
    moshe

I always wondered why the GB didn't have enough sense to relocate it's offices to some business friendly offshore paradise like the Bahamas or the Cayman Islands. There's no reason to do business in the cold north when you could be in an island paradise- shoot, they have enough money to buy a very large island all to themselves. They could rename it- : Amnesia island!- or maybe?

peace,

Moshe

• Chimene
    Chimene
    They could rename it- : Amnesia island!- or maybe?

Good one Mosche, perhaps a new reality show? LOL I would love to see live action camera in Brethel

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

From the ones I know - "I would not mind pioneering again. I did that before I came" and "Whatever the will of Jehovah is." Whatever!

WAC

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I felt like asking the one that did remain "I guess the preaching work is so important that no one will have to work on saturdays in bethel anymore"?

• blondie
    blondie
    There's no reason to do business in the cold north when you could be in an island paradise-

Rutherford did that...Beth Sarim. California is not an island but it sure beats NY when it comes to warm weather.

Blondie

• FairMind
    FairMind

It will be interesting to see the long term attitudes that develop in those returning from Bethel. Also, since Bethel Service will no longer be a "goal" for the R&F I forsee more young JWs getting a "higher education" despite what the WTS says.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit