Anyone else in PUTERNUT's shoes? Despairing? COME TO US!

by AlmostAtheist 77 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hey Guys,

Listen, we were all "brothers" and "sisters" at one time and it didn't really mean shit. I'd've turned my back on the lot o' ya when I was a JW and I found out you were apostates.

But now we're all truly brothers and sisters. Not because we believe alike, but because we ARE alike. We're all humans, for gods sake. I love you, each and every one of you.

So, if you're despairing and you're finding yourself at the end of your rope and you find suicide looking like a good way to get out of a tight spot, please at least give all of us here a chance to help. I can't promise that we can keep you from losing your house or get your kids to quit shunning you or anything like that. We may not be able to lighten your load at all. But sometimes a little perspective can go a long way.

Don't solve a temporary problem with much-too-permanent solution.

Need to vent? Do it here.

Need to chat? http://thomschat.com

Need to talk? PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call.

You are much too precious to lose.

Dave

• Satanus
    Satanus

Your'e biting off a big chunk, dave.

S

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

It is a real wake up call for me personally to see that there are those who actually go to such an extreme to end all the pain.

How scary to know that this organization I am still a part of has caused a person to actually want to just end it all? Who knows how many more out there who have gone to scuh an extreme.

The Borg is truly the modern day Babylon the Great.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Your'e biting off a big chunk, dave.

Call it a leap of faith. I'm expecting many will step up to the plate and offer themselves. Not as counselors, but as mediators. And shoulders. And ears.

Dave of the "willing to delegate" class

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Dave:

It's a big chunck, for sure, but there are plenty to help. I'm always open to calls, too, having been referred from folks in the States a few times.

I'll PM you my number, just coz...

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

The desparation one goes through to reach the point were death seems like the only answer to stop the hurting , the pain, the lonliness is hard to describe to another. At that moment in life an abyss seems to open and swallow you whole , you see no way out other than the most drastic of measures. Depression eats away your reasoning that things can change for the better, or at least any change from what you are going through at that moment. The feeling there is no one on this planet that cares about whether you breathe another breath is over whelming .Death seems like peace to you then. How sad .... when we convince ourselves that this is rational. Bless the souls that try to help , offer a listening ear , extend a comforting hug .But realize you can not control the disorder that goes on in some one else's mind . You can only try and guide that one to seek help , but you will never know what is really going on in their mind. Even the depressed person may feel okay one moment then suddenly just can't deal one more second . Dave you are very kind to extend kindness to those suffering . I think this board is a life saver for many who feel they have lost so much or are on the brink of doing so . It saddens me to hear of those that felt another day would not be any brighter............

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

AA, that is very sweet of you.

At that moment in life an abyss seems to open and swallow you whole , you see no way out other than the most drastic of measures.

The feeling there is no one on this planet that cares about whether you breathe another breath is over whelming .Death seems like peace to you then.

Yeah

• anewme
    anewme

People who get booted from the borg need alot of love. Some find it. Some do not.

This forum is a source of cyber love that does help individuals hang on.

Dave, you are a good and kind soul.

I have always wanted to tell you that.

It pleases me now to tell you this in front of others.

I'm sure many agree with me.

• Sentient
    Sentient

Hey, I will help if I can. It's a place I've spent a lot of time in and still visit occasionally.
    I think you're right AA, the problem is usually that you get confused and overwhelmed and lose perspective, or have trouble finding it for the first time.
    When you're trying to help someone else though, it's important to watch out for your own needs. When we are whole and taking care of ourselves, then we can be in a better position to help others. It's like the way the attendant tells you on a plane to put on your own oxygen mask first, because if you've passed out you can't help the child next to you get theirs on...that's true even if it's your own child.

• Golf
    Golf

Right on AA. I've got some large ears that could use using. I'm here to listen.

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit