Messy people vs. neat people

by kristyann 26 Replies latest jw friends

• kristyann
    kristyann

My boyfriend is so messy! I just arrived here at his apartment and seriously, the place is gross. He has improved quite a bit since he met me... but I surprised him and he wasn't expecting me so the place is nasty. He's like "Why didn't you call before you came!?" Does anyone live with or date anyone super messy? Or are you married to someone messy? Does it only get worse or does it get better?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

sadly I am a messy person - I freely confess

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Stilla - is that you in the avatar? You may be eating too much meat with growth homone in it!!!!

Jeff

• daystar
    daystar

I'm a pretty neat guy. The kitchen and bathroom must be very clean. The bedrooms don't have to be spotless, but things will not be piled on the floor or on top of dressers/night stands, etc.

But, I have known guys whose places made me sick to my stomach. Fast food bags on the floors; beer/Coke cans stacked on the floor; two or more full trash bags lying in the kitchen floor. And I can't even really even think about the state of the bathrooms without getting a little ill.

I'd watch out. If he lives by himself and so is solely responsible for the mess, it is just the way he is. Don't necessarily expect that to change soon, if ever. If it grosses you out now, think about how it would be if you lived there too and were forced to clean up after him.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

matt is kinda half and half. he does the dishes regularly, sweeps and mops, and dusts. beyond that he never touches it. when i moved in with him and looked under the bed for the first time, i screamed. i swear to god the dust bunnies were so big that they growled at me!!!!! then i started to look closer at the house...mold in the tub, garbage overflowing in bathroom, the counter looked like it hadn't even been so much as touched with a washrag in years...and i kept finding beer bottles stashed in the weirdest places....in the shower, under the bathroom sink, in his closet, in dresser drawers, under the bed, in windowsills....i must have collected over 20 bottles that day....

one jug of clorox and a year later...the house is habitable.

and he now keeps his collection of beer bottles in the trash can.

luv, jojo

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm sorry... I forgot what the question was.

• Plummet
    Plummet

I'm sorry to report that it doesn't get much better, at least for me anyway.

I'm a neat freak (the guy who pulls the frige, stove, washer and dryer out every 6 months to clean behind) married 6 years to a messy person and she has slightly improved but is still a very messy person. LOL even when she eats, poor thing, all of her shirts have a food stain on them. I'm always pick up dirty cloths everywhere, find shoes under the couch, soda cans in cloths drawers, ect.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Does it only get worse or does it get better?

I fear that most of us are educated into a certain behaviour in that regard. Some do not seem to even notice it on the same level as others.

Your bf will most likely retain the same basic traits until he decides it is time to change. Those going into relationships thinking they will fix the problems, seldom do.

Just My Opinion

Jeff

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

My wife is a neat freak and I'm the messy one. I try but hey it just does'nt bother me that much. I have noticed that I have passed my messy gene to my 15 yr old daughter and it has mutated. I did'nt think girls could be so messy.. Resistance is futile.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I am also quite messy but I try at times to put things in order, when people visit you can't give them the wrong impression with a very messy place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit