Governing Body Letter to Apostates 2005 in Yearkbook ;-)

by What-A-Coincidence 20 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Edited now with commentary.

Taken from 2006 Yearbook. Includes pg. 2-5 and pg. 30 re "THE ORDER"

WE MUST OBEY GOD AS RULER RATHER THAN MEN.”—Acts 5:29.

Shortly before his death, Jesus warned his apostles that they would be “objects of hatred by all the nations.” (Matt. 24:9) Ever since the very birth of Christianity, those words have proved true. Countless governments have tried to silence the proclamation of the good news, but they have failed because Jehovah blesses and guards his loyal ones. (Ps. 97:10) How fitting it is, therefore, to keep close in mind our yeartext for 2006! In the pages that follow, you will learn that Jehovah’s Witnesses obey God as Ruler (Umm no. They obey 12 men as rulers) despite many forms of human opposition. May you be encouraged and strengthened to follow their example always.

CONTENTS
    Romania 67
    Zambia 163 ... Can't wait to spend my life reading these!!! No offense to Romanians or Zambians.

May you have undeserved kindness and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.” This was the greeting Paul used in many of his letters to the congregations. It well expresses what we wish for all of you.—Eph. 1:2.

How we appreciate the undeserved kindness from Jehovah through the ransom sacrifice of Christ Jesus! By means of the ransom, we have an approved stand­ing before God. We could never attain this through our own efforts, no matter how diligently we might study the Bible, preach the good news, or perform other good works. Forgiveness of sins and everlasting life are extended to us, not as payment for our efforts, but as gifts reflecting Jehovah’s undeserved kindness through Jesus Christ.—Rom. 11:6.

Paul wrote to fellow believers: “We.. . entreat you not to accept the undeserved kindness of God and miss its purpose. For he says: ‘In an acceptable time I heard you, and in a day of salvation I helped you.’ Look! Now is the especially acceptable time. Look! Now is the day of salvation.” There was an “accept­able time” prior to the destruction of Jerusalem in the first century. Honesthearted people who loved Jeho­vah were saved spiritually. This led to eventual physical salvation for all those faithful ones who fled from Jerusalem prior to its destruction in the year 70 C.E.—2 Cor. 6:1,2.

Today, too, we are living in an "acceptable time" and a "day of salvation." Those whom Jehovah accepts as his servants and who are being spiritually saved have the prospect of physical salvation through "the great day of Jehovah" now so close at hand. (How close?)—Zeph. 1:14.

The coming of the day of Jehovah places upon us a sobering responsibility. We are both to warn people of it and to help honesthearted ones benefit from Jehovah's undeserved kindness so that they too might be saved. Paul deeply appreciated this responsibility. He wrote: "Really, woe is me if I did not declare the good news!" He also expressed how he felt in these words: "Both to wise and to senseless ones I am a debtor: so there is eagerness on my part to declare the good news."-1 Cor. 9:16; Rom. 1:14,15.

Jehovah will hold us accountable if we neglect the vital work of warning people. We are aware of what Jehovah said to the prophet Ezekiel: "Son of man, a watchman is what I have made you to the house of Israel, and you must hear from my mouth speech and you must warn them from me. When I say to someone wicked, 'You will positively die/ and you do not actually warn him and speak in order to warn the wicked one from his wicked way to preserve him alive, he being wicked, in his error he will die, but his blood I shall ask back from your own hand."—Ezek. 3:17,18. (OT reasoning as usual)

These last days (as oppose to the previous last days) are difficult to deal with. It is not easy to balance out family matters, secular activity, congregation activity, and preaching. In addition, many of you have to deal with sickness, depression, old age, and even opposition. Most of you are "loaded down." (You think) We want to express our fellow feeling to you, in line with what Jesus said: "Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you." (So why go to G.B?) (Matt. 11:28) We want to commend warmly all of you who put forth the effort to keep serving Jehovah faithfully despite challenges large and small.

As a result of your zealous preaching and teaching activity and because of Jehovah's blessing, worldwide 4,762 are baptized on average each week. During the past service year, 1,375 new congregations were formed. We hope and pray that the new book What Does the Bible Really Teach?, which is already available in over 120 languages, will help millions to benefit (We pray not) from the undeserved kindness and the peace from Jehovah during this "day of salvation."

Be assured that the Governing Body loves you (Umm. no you don't) and that we pray for you (Please don't). We also thank you for your prayers for us. (Think nuttin'of it)

Your brothers,

Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses

end

BOTTOM OF PAGE 30 READS:

Worldwide, a total of 20,119 ordained ministers staff the branch facilities. All are members of the Worldwide Order of Special Full-Time Servants of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• SallySue
    SallySue

Be assured that the Governing Body loves you and that we pray for you.

That gives me the greeps....

• kls
    kls
    We also thank you for your prayers for us.

Oh really , you don't have to thank me

• damselfly
    damselfly
    Be assured that the Governing Body loves you and that we pray for you. We also thank you for your prayers for us.

That just triggered an anxiety attack. I feel sick.

Dams

• Kaput
    Kaput
    These last days are difficult to deal with.

I just did a little arithmetic and found that over 700,000 days have passed since Jesus gave his disciples the warning about the last days. Maybe 1,000,000 is going to be the magic number. Oops! Shouldn't be speculating. Only Jehovah knows the day and the hour.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

I noticed that the word "Worldwide" is now added to this name description!

It used to be "Order of Special Full Time Servants"

and now its:

Worldwide Order of Special Full Time Servants!

• Honesty
    Honesty

We also thank you for your prayers for us.

Your brothers,

Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses
    I'm praying for your repentance.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

(Acts 7:60) . . .Then, bending his knees, he cried out with a strong voice: "Jehovah, do not charge this sin against them (GB).. . .

• TallTexan
    TallTexan
    How we appreciate the undeserved kindness from Jehovah through the ransom sacrifice of Christ Jesus! By means of the ransom, we have an approved stand­ing before God. We could never attain this through our own efforts, no matter how diligently we might study the Bible, preach the good news, or perform other good works. Forgiveness of sins and everlasting life are extended to us, not as payment for our efforts, but as gifts reflecting Jehovah’s undeserved kindness through Jesus Christ.—Rom. 11:6.

How do they reconcile this with the passage a little farther down quoting Ezek 3: 17,18? Either you have grace, or you do not. Don't say that this is a gift given freely, then tell me I'll be bloodguilty and NOT receive salvation if I don't sell books, er, I mean, preach.

Paul wrote to fellow believers: “We.. . entreat you not to accept the undeserved kindness of God and miss its purpose.

Exactly. Maybe the GB needs to read what it's staff writers are writing....

Honesthearted people who loved Jeho­vah were saved spiritually.

No, honest-hearted people who loved JESUS and listened to HIS words were saved.

Those whom Jehovah accepts as his servants and who are being spiritually saved have the prospect of physical salvation through "the great day of Jehovah" now so close at hand. (How close?)—Zeph. 1:14.

Notice how it still leaves that 'doubt' factor in whether or not you'll be saved? Those whom Jehovah accepts o.k...so you've been accepted as a servant of Jehovah, which would seem to indicate that he had deemed you worthy of salvation. Yet you only have the PROSPECT of physical salvation. Does that mean that Jehovah makes mistakes? That even though he's accepted you as his servant that you don't REALLY know whether you've achieved salvation? Oh, I forgot. If you don't go to enough meetings, go out in service enough, and don't do what the GB tells you, then your PROSPECT dries up. So we go back to Romans 11:6 quoted earlier and void that piece of the scripture, I guess.

Oh, and ya gotta love the 'so close at hand'. Maybe that was a quote from an 1879 Watchtower.

"Really, woe is me if I did not declare the good news!" He also expressed how he felt in these words: "Both to wise and to senseless ones I am a debtor: so there is eagerness on my part to declare the good news."-1 Cor. 9:16; Rom. 1:14,15.

I'm surprised that the NWT doesn't read "...on my part to declare the good news by going door to door and preaching."
    I guess they overlook the fact that there are many ways to 'declare the good news' other than by selling books door to door.

Jehovah will hold us accountable if we neglect the vital work of warning people. We are aware of what Jehovah said to the prophet Ezekiel: "Son of man, a watchman is what I have made you to the house of Israel, and you must hear from my mouth speech and you must warn them from me. When I say to someone wicked, 'You will positively die/ and you do not actually warn him and speak in order to warn the wicked one from his wicked way to preserve him alive, he being wicked, in his error he will die, but his blood I shall ask back from your own hand."—Ezek. 3:17,18. (OT reasoning as usual)

Good point. OT reasoning - as usual. The problem we have is that JEHOVAH isn't telling us who will positively die. It's a group of 12 men saying "Anyone not like us dies." Also, note that it says "he being wicked". I dare to say that many, many, many non-JW's would be hard to classify as 'wicked'.

In addition, many of you have to deal with sickness, depression, old age, and even opposition.

Sickness (because many of you don't have careers with good health bennies), depression (because you have to shun your friends and family, spend all of your time doing what we tell you, and STILL don't know if you'll be saved), old age (made more difficult because you have no savings, no pension, and no plans, because you were supposed to be this old), and even opposition (by the lying media and apostates.)

"Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you."

I will refresh you by dictating every aspect of your day-to-day life and will punish you harshly if you violate even one rule in this 2,000 page book called "Spying on the Flock", or whatever it's called.

As a result of your zealous preaching and teaching activity and because of Jehovah's blessing, worldwide 4,762 are baptized on average each week.

As a result of the Internet, we lose 5,000 each week and thus have 0% growth.

from the undeserved kindness and the peace from Jehovah during this "day of salvation."

I thought grace was from that guy Jesus who the WBT$$ always forgets about.

Be assured that the Governing Body loves you your monetary contributions.

and that we pray for you , well, in between deciding disfellowshipping offenses and falling asleep at the GB meetings.

We also thank you for your prayers for us. C'mon...as a JW, how many times did you ACTUALLY pray for the GB????

Great post, What-a

• Mary
    Mary
    Most of you are "loaded down." (You think) We want to express our fellow feeling to you, in line with what Jesus said: "Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you."

Sorry, let me re-phrase that:

Most of you are "loaded down" thanks to all the bullshit rules and regulations that we've imposed on you. We want to express our fellow feeling to you, in line with what The Governing Body says: "Come to us, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and we will make your burdens even heavier than before."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit