Anyone seen "The Island"

by onesong 20 Replies latest jw friends

• onesong
    onesong

It may have already been talked about here but I just saw it last night with some other "apostate" friends.

Wasn't it amazing in it's similarity to the Borg.

My favorite scene was everyone reading together "Dick and Jane" Talk about a great Watchtower study depiction!

• daystar
    daystar

I related to it in much the same way. Great film!

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

proximity warning. Got to have those chaperones.

Good movie.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

I actually just saw it this weekend too. Yes, the similarities to the jw world were uncanny. Using the false hope of going to the island to keep people in line gave me shivers.
    tall penguin

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Yes, I saw the movie and noted the similarities with life as a JW.

-SPOILER-

At the end when the main characters destroyed the hologram program so the captive clones could see the real world. How I long for that to happen in JW-land.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Ehhhhh,

Too much like Logan's Run, without the sex....

• onesong
    onesong

doinmypart,

I could not agree more. There just has to be a way......

Also the way they "harvested" their organs, reminds me of having our souls ripped from us.

• butterfliorchids
    butterfliorchids

I saw the island, but never made the comparison until now. I remember feeling really weird about seeing Swing Kids. Where kids would turn in there own parents if they were thinking independently of the Nazi's.

• Shazard
    Shazard

I think that there is slight difference. Island personel knew that there is no such Island. Borg personel is the clones themselves!

• Trojan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit