If your child grew up and became a Witness?

by free2beme 13 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

With what I've taught her about critical thinking abilities and skills, it's highly unlikely. Plus, she is as completely disgusted with their insane policies that kill its members, especially the innocent kids, as I am. She VALUES her life and that of others.

In fact, she and her friend today, wrote a letter to the newspaper, asking why an article as important as the one from the AP on the blood policy, has not yet made our paper:

January 29, 2006 Our newspapers duty is to keep us informed about critical issues that effect our daily lives. It is also a very reliable source about what goes on in todays world.

So how do you explain an important article regarding the lives of children being completely overlooked and not appearing in our newspaper? That just comes to show how much of a reliable source our paper is NOT. On January 26, 2006, an article was printed online and in over 30 different newspapers covering the issue of how the Governing Body {Watchtower Society--New York} of Jehovah's Witnesses mislead parents on the issue of their no-blood transfusion policy. The 'GB', according to the news articles, misrepresented secular medical facts, which in result, mislead many parents of, many times, severally ill 'JW' children, in their decisions affecting medical treatment involving blood transfusions. Thusly, resulting in hundreds of deaths of these children that have no voice in their fate. A fate of life or death. So, let me, one of our communities children, be that voice of all those forgotten and innocent children. FYI:There is a 'Watchtower Memorial' online just for these forgotten ones @freeminds.org . And how do you expect there to even be any space for such a critical article when our paper is filled with ads and pointless articles of garbage? You never know who is reading it and the affects of such a vital piece of NEWS, on such a critical issue, can prove to be. I mean, it just might save a life of someone you know and love. THAT is much more important to me than how "officials fear pieces of sculpture are being stolen".

sKally

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If they wanted that and they were happy with it, I would support the decision - but would not be totally happy

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

My worst nightmare, that's why I choose to edcate, educate, educate, but in very small doses and with lightness, humour, and love.

Just from a dozen conversations, at the right time, during the past year, I am confident that both my kids are JW (& similar) proof forever.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I will mold my child as much as possible, but accept what ever he becomes as an adult. I will not tell him I accept it, but I will tolerate it. If it happens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit