My quest for the woman able to convince me to give up my freedom and marry?

by DavidChristopher 83 Replies latest social relationships

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

My firstborns son's mother I live with asked me today if I wanted anyone else.

I replied "yes, I want to know every unmarried woman on earth, so I can insure I will never feel like I missed out on something. I want to find my match, a woman that can convince me to give up my free agent status, and spend forever as her property alone."

She got really mad. But I was only telling her how I really felt honestly. Is that wrong? Was I supposed to lie to her? I would never do so without her blessing though. I would never do it if it would hurt her, or be against her wishes. So I guess I have to convice her to set me free right?

Did i say or do anything wrong? I don't want to be "ho". I only want to make a "good informed decision".

Any thoughts?

• prophecor
    prophecor

Brother Dave, Just Do It!!! Do It!!! Go On and Get It Done!!! Join the Rest of us Miserable Lots, Whatsa' Matter ? Scared ?

*runs before lil' bro Dave picks up a rock*

• Robdar
    Robdar

Sounds like you gave an honest answer to an honest question. However, living together implies some sort of committment. Why are you wasting your time? More importantly, why are you wasting your woman's time. She's not getting any younger. She deserves the happiness of being with somebody who wants to be with her instead of wasting her time with you.

DavidC, I like you. Sorry if my response seems cold.

• prophecor
    prophecor

I see a public stoning getting ready to occur here

• Highlander
    Highlander

Be a man and make a firm decision so that you can both move on together or apart. I think you'll both be happier if you can each decide for certain what the two of you want.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I see a public stoning getting ready to occur here Like hell you do. He asked, I answered. BTW, she knows he isn't happy or she wouldn't be asking those questions. Now she has her answer. She should rally all her dignity and leave him. That will take care of his committment angst.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Making a good informed decision is always a good idea. But I think you might need to tweak your delivery and read up a bit on women. Women don't ask questions like that unless they're feeling insecure about themselves. So I ask the question that has been asked already: Why are you living with this lady, basically "committing" to her, when you aren't sure you want to keep her forever? If I were her, I'd leave you in a heartbeat. Don't string a girl along. It's disrespectful and sets a bad example for your child. Do you really want to teach him that it's okay to live with a lady you don't really love or know if you love?

Sorry to be harsh. But I've been in your woman's shoes before and it's a crappy situation to be in. It was heartbreaking and the reason for my second suicide attempt in 2000.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

She has every right to be angry and if she has any shred of self-respect she'll leave you.

What I want to know is - why did you have a child with someone that you had no intentions of marrying or committing to? If you want to screw around, that's your business. But don't drag an innocent kid into it. Sorry to be harsh but I grew up with a father that couldn't keep his pants on and it brought me nothing but pain and misery.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    My firstborns son's mother I live with asked me today if I wanted anyone else.

In my never to be humble opinnion........once you have children your only quest in life should be to provide them with a safe, secure and loving home. Once they are up and gone do whatever you want with whomever you want to do it.

• LDH
    LDH
    What I want to know is - why did you have a child with someone that you had no intentions of marrying or committing to? If you want to screw around, that's your business. But don't drag an innocent kid into it. Sorry to be harsh but I grew up with a father that couldn't keep his pants on and it brought me nothing but pain and misery.

That was my first thought.

once you have children your only quest in life should be to provide them with a safe, secure and loving home. ; Once they are up and gone do whatever you want with whomever you want to do it.

That was my second....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit