My letter to the Elders

by unique1 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• unique1
    unique1

It has been acomplished...... Just couldn't resist saying that, no sacriledge intended. Well I did it. I had my baptism nullification letter notarized. I am attaching my letter to the elders for those who are interested. It is rather boring, short and sweet. I will be sending the whole package certified tomorrow.

CONFIDENTIAL

Dear Presiding Overseer:

As a current member of the congregation I consider this letter and the attached notarized confession to be privileged as allowed for by law under preacher, parishioner privilege. I realize that you may need to share this letter and the attached document with the ________Body of Elders and with members of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. This is fine. As privileged communication, I ask that this letter and attached document be shared with no one other than the afore mentioned individuals. If news of this letter and attached document are spread among the congregation, I will seek legal council.

I have attached a confession stating that I was forced into baptism by my parents and want my baptism nullified. I will not change my mind considering this matter. I have been thinking about it for years now and have made my decision carefully. Please know that I have no intention of associating with any Jehovah’s Witnesses with the exception of my parents. I also bear no malice towards the organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Should you need further clarification on this matter you may reach me at __________. I will not accept any sheparding calls.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Unique1 thats great, but its a bit short isn't it????

Is yoru hubby doing the same?

• unique1
    unique1

I don't know why, but it cropped the first post, I had to edit it. The letter should be there now. I don't know what my hubby will do. He came into the truth to marry me. He is an intelligent fellow, I will leave it up to him. His family are all normal and not witnesses and he hates my mom so he really won't be losing much if he is disfellowshipped. We do have some friends in the southern part of the state that he wouldn't be able to speak to anymore and I know that would bother him. We will just have to wait and see.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Well done you unique one! Is the confession that you refer to a confession by your parents or by yourself?

It sounds like you have a loyal cool hubby. And he should remember that he can talk to these southern friends of yours - its up to them if they will talk back. He can only control his own actions and not theres.

Do let us know how they respond!

• metatron
    metatron

They'll DA you anyway, with an announcement. The standard line from the Service Dept. is that you behaved as if you were a brother/

sister, "called a brother" as 1 Cor says, therefore, you get df'd or da'd.

The bastards can't let go....

metatron

• TheListener
    TheListener

Stay strong unique1. You have as much right to happiness as everyone else. If your mother, or even husband, is angry or frustrated with you just remember that they are the ones who choose to feel that way. You cannot live your life to please them. If you're doing what's right for you, and not harming others, then you're doing the right thing.

Good luck.

If you would like to pm me please feel free.

• unique1
    unique1

I don't think so Metratron. My best friend back in the day got knocked up at 16 and the elders tried to disfellowship her but her mom threatened legal action so they backed down. They did make an announcement 7 years later. It was so odd. I guess someone saw her and remembered. I told her about it, but by then she just didn't care anymore.

Thanks listener. By the way, my hubby faded first and is completely supportive. I couldnt' have done it without him.

• unique1
    unique1

Crumpet: The confession is from me. It is a notarized baptism nullification letter that says I was forced to get baptized my my parents and the congregation as a whole to fit in. My parents do not know I am sending this letter although I am sure some big mouth elder will tell them or his wife who will will tell them.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Do you think that will work?

Or do you think they will take that as a disassociation letter and announce it?

• metatron
    metatron

What you witnessed may only be the inertia of some local elders. I know ( after protesting to the Society about it) about a young woman

who lost all respect for the organization , after she was molested by an elders' son and had the elder cover it up. Thereafter, the corrupt

elder in question had her disfellowshipped, after she completely left the congregation for two years.

The Society insisted that this was OK, that she was baptised and the surrounding corruption made no difference. A elder ( friend of mine)

even testified that her baptism was wrong and insincere ( forced). To the evil Service Dept., it all made no difference.

Nevertheless, good luck with your local elders. They may not care - which would be to your advantage.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit