Is It That Big Of A Deal To Die At Armageddon???

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

We're all gonna go someday. For Witnesses, they don't even have to worry about eternal hell----so what's the big deal?

• blondie
    blondie

I told the elders I would rather die at Armageddon than live forever with the rude, unloving, backbiting JWs at the KH.

Blondie

• JH
    JH

I would say yes, it's a big deal. It means you will be unconscient throughout eternity and will never resurrect, since God himself destroyed you.

I'm assuming here that the JW's don't have the truth, and would hope to live again with other people than JW's.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Not according to the last dub that I discussed it with. They said "We all have to die sooner or later. If God uses his perogative and makes it sooner - well , so what?" ....I begged to differ.....

• slugga
    slugga

yeah but if u die at Armageddon you don't get to play with Pandas and lion cubs in a great big garden in the NS

(Boy I used to hate those lame pamphlets)

• TheListener
    TheListener

Minimus, when I first started losing faith in the organization I figured I would die at Armageddon. I didn't feel afraid though. I knew it would be quick and there would be no future punishment.

I don't feel that I'll die at armageddon any longer.

• anewme
    anewme

Yeah its a big deal!!!!

I personally do not relish the idea of being judged and put to death by the God I've been praying to for help my whole life!!!!!

Jeesh!!!!

It is a sickening awful awful thing to contemplate.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone
    We're all gonna go someday. For Witnesses, they don't even have to worry about eternal hell----so what's the big deal?

I think the big deal is that many JWs have never faced their own mortality at all. They think they're going to live forever. Realizing that they could actually die is a big deal when you haven't considered death for yourself, personally, before. GGG

• jojochan
    jojochan

If I was asked this 5yrs ago I would've said yes. But now? No. When you're dead, BOOM it's over, but in the JW world IF you survive, you still have to jump through hoops to stay alive.Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.

jojochan.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    I think the big deal is that many JWs have never faced their own mortality at all. They think they're going to live forever. Realizing that they could actually die is a big deal when you haven't considered death for yourself, personally, before.

That`s very well put, GGG (hows it going btw? All is well? ).

The last time I went to visit my grandma, she tried to pull the old "death at Armageddon"-scary tactic on me, along with the how dissapointed my (deceased) dad would be, when he was ressurected, and I wasn`t there. I just tried to ignore her, but that didn`t work, so I had to basically tell her flat out that I didn`t believe in it anymore. I guess she didn`t understand that sentence (how anyone could not believe in "the truth" anymore. So she told me flat out that, since I knew "the truth" but rejected it, that I would die in Armageddon for sure! There was something about that that struck me as inlogical, but I didn`t realize what it was at the time. Later on I`ve realized what a stupid statement that was, be killed "for sure", because all non-JWs, whether or not they ever were JWs, are going to die in Armageddon, according to JW-"theology". So...God is gonna kill me...twice? Or kill me "really bad"? So many JWs don`t understand that the scary tactics don`t work on people who know their beliefs (all to) well. And well, who wants to play with lions and pandas anyway...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit