Does God make Mistakes or Bad Decisions?

by gumby 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

God himself doesn't "change" but he does permit things with his loving grace.

Evanescence

• gumby
    gumby

So if I was going to spank my daughter and she talked me out of it sayin she would behave....... then your saying she didn't change my mind of spanking her? What would you call it then?

Gumby

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    So if I was going to spank my daughter and she talked me out of it sayin she would behave....... then your saying she didn't change my mind of spanking her? What would you call it then?

lol thats not my point.

Although you "changed your mind" you do not change yourself as a person.

Like I said here:

Just like in the bible God called Israel to rependance, in the end he gave them a "spanking" because they would not change their ways, he did give them plenty of lee way for them to change just like you said in your example of your daughter.

Just like the bible says "God is slow to anger"

Evanescence

• gumby
    gumby

One more point...then I gotta go to bed

If one of gods servants talks god into something other than his original plan, then he is allowing a decision OVER his better judgement is he not? His ways are perfect and just, yet his servants can talk him out of his first plan. Those plans involved LIVES of people which is certainly not a matter which you'd think god could let go either way.

Nite

Gumby

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    If one of gods servants talks god into something other than his original plan, then he is allowing a decision OVER his better judgement is he not? His ways are perfect and just, yet his servants can talk him out of his first plan. Those plans involved LIVES of people which is certainly not a matter which you'd think god could let go either way.

God only permits things if it is in his will.

Good night Gumby

Evanescence

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Is it possible to make bad decisions if you know how its going to turn out in the end?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

For those who think there is no difference between "Jehovah" and "the Father" and who also believe every part of the Judeo/Catholic canon is divinely inspired Scripture, this does raise quite an issue. I would say this, among other things, led me to question whether the accepted canon was entirely inspired.

I look at my own example. When teaching and reasoning I draw object lessons from Aesop and Grimm's Fairy Tales, from Arthurian legends and from the Homer's experiences on the Simpsons (bet you thought Odyssey), from the tales of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn.

One of the primary points I see people demonstrate as proof is that Jesus or Paul or some other notable is recorded as quoting from the book in question. But I know for certain I don't believe Aesop's fables ACTUALLY happened, just because I quote from them. Why would I assume that those who quoted from Genesis believed those things ACTUALLY happened?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

That picture of armagedon is pure brainwashing. It's the sort of thing I had nightmares about long after I left the Org.
    I mean what I they trying to tell us with the guy in the bottom right hand corner. You know what, he looks like an ex-JW that has just realised what a mistake he made not staying the course.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

What? It's not permissible for a guy to screw up once in a while?

• gumby
    gumby
    What? It's not permissible for a guy to screw up once in a while?

Once in awhile's ok, but that jehover dude could screw up a free meal.Even his son knew he was a hothead when he had ta tell his dad not to charge the sin against those persecuting him for they knew not what they did! His dad should have known that already but evidently the chip off the old block knew dad better than dad did.

Btw....where ya been ya bastard, I missed ya

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit