Circuit Overseer Pensions and the Implications

by AlanF 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TopHat
    TopHat

You can be sure the rank and file will be paying for this pension...wonder how much the WTS will fleece from the poor suckers?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Wait a minute, Armageddon is coming "very soon now", isn't it? Why would anyone need a pension plan?

For the same reason the WTS builds Kingdom Halls with 30 Year Roofs. Deep down, they all know the prediction of the end coming "any day now" is all BS.

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

You can be sure the rank and file will be paying for this pension...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

They probably will assign a cost to each congregation publisher for the pension, and "suggest a contribution" be sent by the congregation to cover this expense. It's just another way to drain more $$$ from the local congregations.

A similar scam is in place for the CO's auto insurance and the lease on the car. Every publisher in the circuit is assigned a cost (like $5-6 per head) and the congregation as a whole cuts a check to Brooklyn for the "per head" amount.

It will be interesting to see if the "pension cost" equals "pension outlays".

-silent

• TheListener
    TheListener

I agree with SilentWatcher but, my guess is that they won't specifically mention the cost of the pension but will increase the per publisher amount for the circuit overseers insurance and auto lease.

It would seem logical that they'll include district overseers in this too

• juni
    juni

Yep, that young pioneer sister is a real Jezebel! Per one PO's talk, 9 out of 10 brothers are seduced by sisters. Poor guys -

Juni

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    However, there was a weird rumor among some of the C.O.s that I could talk too that the circuits were given out partly according to political favor; for example - Tulsa or Oklahoma City GOOD; anyplace in SE or SW Oklahoma (little Dixie) BAD. Actually, the older C.O.s seemed to sort of gravitate toward being "sent out to the farms"...maybe it was a way to take them off the scene slowly.

We got close to a couple of CO's ourselves, and my ex even gave serious thought to the Circuit work, which I told him I COULD NOT handle, and we were told that the CO's are rotated from a rich circuit to a poor one, then a rich, then a poor.........etc ..

• blownaway
    blownaway

What an evil fucking cult. don't you just wish an asteroid would level the place.

• krismalone
    krismalone

I had a C.O. friend that told me he receives an average of $800.00 a week from green handshakes tax free. Add to that a free apartment, cable, meals, vacations paid by elder brown nosers, new car, gas card, healthcare...it's a good life. All you have to do is sacrifice your humanity, brain and conscience.

It's a totally different story for C.O.'s in third world countries though.

• sir82
    sir82

I had a C.O. friend that told me he receives an average of $800.00 a week from green handshakes tax free.

I would think that is very much a function of where the circuit is located.

A circuit in say, North or South Dakota, or way back in Appalachia, the guys probably don't even get $100 a week, while guys in wealthy areas probably easily clear a $1000 / week.

I suspect, without evidence, that which circuit a guy gets sent to is an incredibly political process, and/or is used as a system of rewards & punishments for COs.

Screw up and you get backwoods Mississippi, Get good reviews and you go to Manhattan Circuit #1.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

KRISMALONE:

Well, maybe those elderly JWs who retired well-off were throwing money around like it was confetti. But, when these elderly are gone - so are those generous green handshakes! I can’t imagine anybody young and struggling pressing money into anybody’s hand.

It’s incomprehensible to me how anybody with brains would give money to guys who knock college and careers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit