Another great story from a JW message board. Bring a barf bag!

by jeeprube 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I know plenty of people who have been in:

Covers of magazines (WT), Greatest man book, scene as Jesus, and youth book. Even 1 from a life experience in a WT from 2-6 months ago. These people are glorified, and they are no better than us.

On the other hand I have done some demonstrations, and personal experiences at assemblies, andthe Circuit Overbeer embellishes all words. Some are even outright lies in the manner that the truth is stretched out to

• Gregor
    Gregor

When I was WT Study overseer I had to chose a Bro. to read the paragraphs after each question. Out of 45-50 eligible male pubs. there were only about 6 that could read well enough not to embarass themselves. I'll never forget the brother who refused to read the word 'breast(s)" correctly. He pronounced it "Beast(s)". 30 years later I still tell my wife she has lovely beasts. By the way, our daughter in law is beast feeding our new grandaughter.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    But when that issue came out, my mother called from her town to tell me that she found out that it was Micah in that photo, because my mother goes to the Hall that knows Micah and his family and it was happy news for everyone in her congregation to see Micah on the cover of that issue of the Watchtower.

hehehe....

is it equivalent to making the cover of Vogue Magazine now?

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Sat. we caught her and the live-in father of her youngest son out in the garage. Could not hide from us now could they?

she had to face the fact she had been so rude in her past dealings. We did not push that but was very loving to her and just treated her as nothing was different. She did give me a lame excuse for her bad conduct.

The universe is truly infinite

-------------------------------------------------------

Some people have partners, companions, important others...... I wonder if "live-in father of her son" is found in the dictionary - or maybe in a religious penal-code book

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I know plenty of people who have been in:

Covers of magazines (WT), Greatest man book, scene as Jesus, and youth book. Even 1 from a life experience in a WT from 2-6 months ago. These people are glorified, and they are no better than us.

DaCheech is right about that one! I dated this kid (was never baptized) and he knew the young girl featured on the cover of the You Can Live Forever tract whose running (or doing something; I forget) Grew up in the same hall pretty much.

He says she's about 16 now and was the biggest "freak in my congregation" and I don't think he meant as in being a party animal.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

When I was WT Study overseer I had to chose a Bro. to read the paragraphs after each question. Out of 45-50 eligible male pubs. there were only about 6 that could read well enough not to embarass themselves. I'll never forget the brother who refused to read the word 'breast(s)" correctly. He pronounced it "Beast(s)".

Ha! That's so true! There is this one brother who is always the last resort to do the reading during the Bookstudy. (Oh yeah, it is the Daniel Book so let's be fair) NOT! We usually end up going overtime cause he takes forever to get through one paragraph.

Then there's the brother who does the Services Annoucements who likes to pronouce 'Field Service" as 'Feel Service' and "Scrolls" as "Scrofs"

Just makes me even more inclined to get up for class the next morning!

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder what happens when people used in the publication pictures change in status, are df'd or da themselves? Barbara Anderson said that she and her husband are in some pictures.

Do you know of any that were used in pictures that are no longer JWs?

Blondie

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Well one day she was not there for her study. Called her, went to her door for the last 4 months and she was either not home or hiding. Did not return my calls. Sat. we caught her and the live-in father of her youngest son out in the garage. Could not hide from us now could they?

Hang on, who was rude? They stalked a woman for four months despite the fact that she never answered the door or returned their calls. The polite thing to do would be to stop bothering her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit