Why do you read the Literature?

by lime05 21 Replies latest jw friends

• lime05
    lime05

As a non-jw why do you read the society's Literature. I do it because it saves me money, I dont have to buy comedy DVD's to have a laugh.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Other then a link or two from websites like this, I have not read any literature from the Watchtower since 1997. Even then, the last year was limited to what was read to me at meetings. I don't bother reading the information now, because I do not read authors I do not respect.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I actually like reading them.

I have found some of the articles useful too.

• blondie
    blondie

I read the WT study articles in order to do my review. I check out the Question from Readers as well (many times just repeats or a bigger snore). Otherwise, I just do a quick glance over for any particularly stupid statements.

Blondie

• greendawn
    greendawn

It helps you see how their mind works and the arguments that they are trying to utilise, not that they have changed much since many years ago.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I find some of the articles quite good

• skyman
    skyman

I don't and will not even if I like the article.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I dont read the literature at all except for an occasional "comments you wont hear" thread. I think there's an upcoming WT on the dangers of apostacy that Im certainly looking forward to reading though.

• lime05
    lime05
    I think there's an upcoming WT on the dangers of apostacy that Im certainly looking forward to reading though.

Why dont they just save themselves the bother and let me write it.

WT 15/01/06. Dangers of apostacy.

Yes the danger is you might actually find out what the real truth is. Jehovah does not want the evil spirit creature he created - Satan to blind your minds. So open your mind and walk straight into danger, certain friends and family members may disown you but the situation will improve and you will be emotionally, mentally and spiritually stronger in the long run. Remember the warning at 1 Corinthians 10:12: “Let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall.”

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>I just do a quick glance over for any particularly stupid statements.

Same here, if I read it at all it's for this purpose. They aren't hard to spot at all. Like "Where's Waldo?" except everybody in the picture is a Waldo.

But I wouldn't read it for knowledge acquisition since they intentionally mislead their readers. I'm not immune to being misled, and I'd hate to walk away with some "facts" that aren't true.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit