The Jensen Letters

by IT Support 20 Replies latest watchtower medical

• garybuss
    garybuss

Interesting the Bethel letter never once that I saw made the claim the blood rule or any other rule was made due to "spirit direction". The Bethel writer wrote that the Governing body gives the blood issue careful and prayerful consideration, and listens to arguments that debates the pro and the con "factors".

For some decades now "the faithful and discreet slave" has been giving the matter of blood usage in medical procedures careful and prayerful consideration in the light of the Scriptures. Each time this matter has come up for review by the "slave" class, taking all pertinent factors into consideration, including those discussed in your letters, the basic conclusion has been the same, that accepting a transfusion of whole blood, or of it’s four recognized components red cells, white cells, platelets, or whole plasma would be clearly contrary to the Scriptures. (Watchtower Jensen blood letter May 30, 2001 p.4)

The Watchtower letter writer has the audacity to say the decision to allow fractions was made "in the light of the Scriptures", without being able to supply one supporting Scripture. One like me would have to conclude they are guessing again like they admit doing with dates set for Armageddon.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

I hope a lot of people are downloading the PDF version of these files to their computers. I have printed out countless copies over the last 4 years (yeah, a lot of paper) and given them to relatives and JW friends. It is a lot to read but a few will do it. One of my favorite quotes:

I have not heard back from you. That hurts, and it leaves me bewildered. My sincere concerns are very serious ones, and your replies have not resolved them with the Bible. (April 6, 2001 seventh letter)

Steve

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

I don't know how I missed these letters before, but I did. Thanks for putting these up-I just downloaded them. They will be very useful.

• IT Support
    IT Support

Moshe,

I found the reply in the back of a desk file and was not happy with the answer- in short get a divorce.

So far as I know, WT introduced a new concept of "a bsolute endangerment of spirituality" in 1988. This is an iniquitous doctrine allowing JW spouses to separate from their 'apostate' partners, " if an unbelieving mate’s opposition (perhaps including physical restraint) makes it genuinely impossible to pursue true worship and actually imperils the believer’s spirituality." (See w88 11/1 22 par 12.)

However, I don't think they ever extended that to permit divorce. If you still have the letter, it could be very incriminating. Are you able to post it (suitably anonymyzed, of course)?

A good alibi? Perhaps, so long as your wife didn't find the wax doll and pins.

Farkel,

I'd love to meet the 'Jensen' myself some time.

Gary,

The Watchtower letter writer has the audacity to say the decision to allow fractions was made "in the light of the Scriptures", without being able to supply one supporting Scripture.

Good point.

Steve,

Your quote supports Gary's point perfectly.

TooOpinionated,

I don't know how I missed these letters before, but I did.

You probably didn't miss them before. The site is still constantly growing.

• stichione
    stichione

Can the Jensen/WTS letters be posted here, or at the very least linked?

• IT Support
    IT Support

stichione ,

Can the Jensen/WTS letters be posted here, or at the very least linked?

They're too long to post here. This is the link:

The Jensen Letters are long, but well worth the time to read them carefully. Get them from www.JWTruth.com/articles/BloodJensenLetters.aspx.
  • IT Support
    IT Support
    So far as I know, WT introduced a new concept of "absolute endangerment of spirituality" in 1988.

Nina (Nina, not Cruzanheart!) kindly pm'd me that this concept of "absolute endangerment of spirituality" was not new in 1988 as I'd suggested, but from memory she thought it started in 1963.

I checked WT Library and she was spot on:

*** w63 9/15 pp. 571 When Marriage Ties Are at the Breaking Point *** Absolute endangerment of one’s spirituality furnishes another basis for separation.

Which means that for over 42 years now, WT have officially sanctioned breaking up marriages, just because of their squalid little 'religion.'

How many times have they officially denied that their religion broke up families? I remember when the Moscow court case was on, this was one of the issues raised by the prosecution and WT vigorously denied the charge. Spin, lies and WT statistics.

I wonder how many people's lives have been ruined by this particular nuggest of 'truth'? Moshe's, for one. How many others, I wonder?

I feel another campaign coming on...

• sf
    sf

~had a better idea~

• mustang
    mustang
    that while individuals may not see the logic of a particular position or agree with our reasoning, we ask that they respect our religious position on this matter... This almost invariably absorbs any implicit demand that we explain what appear to be inconsistencies...

So... I take it that this makes an inconsistency a "article of faith" or even a doctrine? It's nice to know that your faith and salvation is on such a sure footing!!!

Mustang

• willyloman
    willyloman

Perhaps I missed this someplace, but what exactly happened to Brother Jensen and where is he now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit