JW (?) EMAIL: Check it out!

by lisaBObeesa 43 Replies latest jw friends

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I would like to think that none of the JWs I know could do this... but, the majority on the board here agree that the JWs are a cult. I've seen literally thousands of posts listing reasons why JWs are a cult. How they fit into the cult mentality.

More than once, I've heard the comment that an elder said, holding up a black Bible, "If the Society said this is green, then it's green." Knowing this, I don't doubt that the WTS could sway a large number of them to actually kill people before the big A. And, of course, they would never come out and say to kill exJWs and worldly people directly, but rather allude to it so they could deny it later if necessary, a la 1977.

Just my two cents,
    CountryGuy

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

TopHat,

I believe that all Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, reproving, and disciplining in righteousness. I just don't believe the Catholic Church is, nor do I believe they were appointed by God to determine what was canonical. I hope that makes sense.

I believe relying on Holy Spirit is a much better and more accurate guide to truth than anything else could be. I even believe that is what Jesus told his disciples to rely on.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• TopHat
    TopHat
    believe that all Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, reproving, and disciplining in righteousness. I just don't believe the Catholic Church is, nor do I believe they were appointed by God to determine what was canonical. I hope that makes sense.

I believe relying on Holy Spirit is a much better and more accurate guide to truth than anything else could be. I even believe that is what Jesus told his disciples to rely on.

Respectfully,

AuldSoul

I DO understand what you are saying AuldSoul.......I wonder how many who follow the scriptures know that it was the Catholic church who made the decision for the books we now have in the Christian Greek scriptures.

• Jamelle
    Jamelle

Wow - lots of strong feelings on this topic. As much as I want to scoff at the idea of JWs turning to violence in the manner suggested by the original email and subsequent posts, the following things make me pause...

* Witness are preprogrammed to be martyrs, they love the idea and are willing to die for their faith. A dangerous element to this discussion, IMHO.

* "Theocratic warfare" is a term I heard used often. Mostly in line with misrepresenting facts in court cases, but the concept could concieveably be twisted and taken further. Witness parents have already been known to kidnap their own children in order to seperate them from a non-JW mate, or others have stolen their children out of hospitals to avoid court ordered blood transfusions.

* Human beings have a tendancy to do terrible things when they are part of a mob. Being part of a whole group of people swept away by emotion can cause people to act in ways they would never consider if they were on their own.

These thoughts - put together with what I know about Witness mind control techniques makes me a bit nervous. I'm not saying I think something like this is definitely going to happen.

But it could happen. Even if it happens with a small, small percentage of the JW population - to me that's scary enough. I think for now, this whole this is probably a worst case scenario type of thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit