Lots going on in JW-world

by watch the tower 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    Of course, this will strengthen the conviction of the average JW. They'll assume "the end" is closer than ever.

Most of them will never know.

About the downsizing and cutting in costs, isn't that qute normal that a company tries to minimize the costs? That's a smart thing to do, what is the problem?

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

And not forgetting that worldwide they lost about 25% of their pioneers in the last service year.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    And not forgetting that worldwide they lost about 25% of their pioneers in the last service year.

I didn't realize it was that many. So those former pioneers won't have to lie on their serviceā„¢ reports now! In spite of the society lowering the hour requirements for pioneers a few years ago they still experience decline. I suppose many have found out the "full time ministry" is not as "fulfilling" as advertized from the platforms. W

• sir82
    sir82
    About the downsizing and cutting in costs, isn't that qute normal that a company tries to minimize the costs? That's a smart thing to do, what is the problem?

Of course, for a "worldly" company!

But The Society is not just any company. They are engaged in the "most important work being carried out on the face of the earth"!

And we all know how JWs are told how thousands of streaming in...5000 baptized per week! "10 men grabbing the skirt of a Jew"..."the little one becomes a thousand"..."Jehovah is speeding it up in its own time"...

How does one reconcile the above with: Flat or negative growth in 70 countries....Memorial attendance declining...obviously declining meeting attendance in many locations...and now the latest straw, 25% of the US Bethel work force laid off. "Wait a minute, I thought the work would be expanding right up until the end!"

Which straw will break the back of the next JW "camel"?

• FairMind
    FairMind
    How does one reconcile the above with: Flat or negative growth in 70 countries....Memorial attendance declining...obviously declining meeting attendance in many locations...and now the latest straw, 25% of the US Bethel work force laid off.

I suppose it's something they'll say we should have anticipated. After all didn't Jesus say that "the love of the greater number would cool off"?

A few more years of this though and the WTS will be only an empty shell.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    How does one reconcile the above with: Flat or negative growth in 70 countries....Memorial attendance declining...obviously declining meeting attendance in many locations...and now the latest straw, 25% of the US Bethel work force laid off. "Wait a minute, I thought the work would be expanding right up until the end!"

In the Dubland it is called 'a blessing'. In the real world it is known as denial.

• jgnat
    jgnat

AND let's not forget that Quotes signed off on his excellent website, and the replacement link, via an internet service in China (DARN I can't find the link).

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Just think in 30-40 yrs the WTS will call this period and inspection by Jah. 'And he came in 2006 and saw that there was those even in Bethel that were not fully living up to their christian oblagations and removed them from his sacred bethel.' Amazing what time and ignorance will do to the facts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit