What JW's are saying regarding the downsizing at Bethel

by jimbob 43 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Also, I see it as a continuous fulfillment of Isaiah 62, "speeding" it up in his 'due time'. But what you probably don't realize, son, is that the Slave Class has not been quoting this scripture for very long.

Huh? Isaiah 62 doesn't used the phrase "speeding," was this person referring to 60:22? If so, by "not been quoting this scripture very long" does the writer mean for less than 60 years? I ask because...

*** w50 1/15 p. 27 Who Will Share in the Final Witness? ***
    26 But if the final witness stirs up scoffers and persecutors, and tickles the ears of the indolent and selfish and foolish, it also brings into the open a sheeplike class of lovers of righteousness. They not only listen but give heed, see the signs proving Christ’s second presence, believe the warning of Armageddon’s approach, and take to heart the admonition to flee from old-world entanglements. Isaiah foretold this glorious increase and ingathering as a result of letting the light of truth shine abroad into all the earth. As the abundance of the seas they would be converted, as doves that darken the sky by their flying masses they come to the only light of Jehovah’s organization. The gates of the organization are open continually, shut neither day nor night. Though false religion, politics, commerce, militarism, demons and the Devil himself try to slam shut the gates, they will never close for a moment, but remain open to let the light shine out and receive in the “other sheep” of the Lord! A little one becomes a thousand, a small one a strong nation, and Jehovah hastens to accomplish it as his ministers give the final witness.—Isa. 60:1-22.
    *** w50 2/1 p. 44 Turning the Remaining Time to Profit ***
    24 Each day makes the “appointed time” shorter. Each day presents opportunities to proclaim God’s name and purpose that will never be repeated. And each day faithful ministers are buying up their opportunities, with the result that a growing throng is halting from the headlong plunge that the nations are taking toward destruction. As they halt and hear and learn they joyfully consecrate their lives to the service of Jehovah and share in the most profitable activity ever presented to man. To them the remaining time does not seem too long; rather, it is extremely short in which to accomplish the work which must yet be done. “The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few.” (Luke 10:2) But though the time is short Jehovah promises, “The little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I, Jehovah, will hasten it in its time.” (Isa. 60:22, A.S.V.) A yet unnumbered multitude will heed the warning message and join their voices in praising Jehovah’s name, and it can be your happy lot to help them to learn the truth. In the thousands of years ahead in which you may enjoy the blessings which Jehovah has in store for those who serve him, you will never have cause to regret that you were among those who ‘did not act thoughtlessly, but, like sensible men, made the most of your opportunities in these evil, shortly-to-end times’.
    *** w50 6/15 p. 187 A Victory Dedicated to Jehovah’s Honor ***
    41 Thereafter the rout of the modern-day Midianites gained momentum, and during the 1930’s the “other sheep” joined in the fight, to bring the publisher figure up to 47,143 in 1938. In ever-increasing numbers they came during the next ten years, till in 1948 there were 230,532 reporting service regularly. In 1949 the figure climbed to 279,421, with a peak for one month of 317,877. For all of this prosperity Jehovah’s witnesses thank God, and give credit therefor to no visible agencies. Jehovah God foretold this abundant increase coming from all nations, like flocks, like clouds of doves that darken the sky for multitude. Into Jehovah’s organizational arrangement they come, and the gates are open to receive them, shut neither day nor night. And why the ever-increasing tempo of ingathering now? Is it due to any brilliant human minds in the visible organization? or to efficient methods or procedures practiced? No; the “other sheep” of the Lord now flock in abundantly because it is God’s time to hasten their coming: “The little one shall become a thousand, and the small one a strong nation: I, Jehovah, will hasten it in its time.”—Isa. 60:1-22, Am. Stan. Ver.

I am confused. Or maybe the writer of that letter is...

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• greendawn
    greendawn

There are many dubs with serious psychological and material problems and jehovah doesn't help them, above all jehovah's organisation doesn't help them. So they should sort out their own house before inviting in others.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    IN 1918 WHEN OUR BROTHERS WERE PUT IN PRISON ON FALSE CHARGES, THE YEARS TEXT FOR THAT YEAR WAS "ARE YOU ABLE TO DRINK MY CUP?" JEHOVAH WAS TRYING TO MENTALLY PREPARE HIS PEOPLE FOR WHAT WAS ABOUT TO TAKE PLACE.

Ha ha! Yeah, I`m sure that`s exactly what happened...

• Benny Sikter
    Benny Sikter

It is more correct to say:

We need to be healed from what Jehovah's Witnesses have done to us.

Love

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit