Pol Pots Paradise

by ballistic 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    If some have traveled thru Cambodia and can't see the comparison then try to envision taking a walk around after the JW armageddon. I would imagine it would be worse.

Very apt.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I think that of course there are very close comparisons, the only difference is how far each organisation (government, borg, religion) is willing to go to make it happen.

The witnesses 'wait on jehoobah' because they dont have enough manpower or formal power to start making it happen. Fundamental moslem countries go further because they have the manpower to do it (Taliban). Dictators like Pol Pot do it because they can utilise an army to make it happen.

The only difference as far as I can see is that the fellas with big gangs do it, and the fellas with little gangs pretend to be peace loving but fantasise about doing it. If they had a big gang they would do it, no question.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    If they had a big gang they would do it, no question.

Luv it!

• blakky
    blakky

I agree with Yadda on this.

The Org. cannot be compared to the killings fields and cambodia. Ive been to cambodia, was born there and fled the regime. Lost plenty of family during 1975-79

Pot Pot is an evil man. I am suprised and still shocked that the world stood by and watched while Pol Pot killed innocent people.

Much like the Mugabe regime, Saddam in iraq, Bosnia/Serbia and many more as we speak now.

And if the Org had the manpower to kill off the world, I am quite confident that they would not do that.

And If they did kill off everyone, who will they witness to?

• TallTexan
    TallTexan
    Pot Pot is an evil man. I am suprised and still shocked that the world stood by and watched while Pol Pot killed innocent people.

<allow me to make my political rant for the day>

Well, you see what happens when a country attempts to remove a murderous dictator. The leader of the 'good' country is accused of lying about his motives, of simply doing it to make more money for his oil cronies, or for a familial grudge. No one takes into consideration that, regardless of the motives, hundreds of millions of people don't have to worry about being picked up in the middle of the night, tortured, and killed. Women don't have to worry about the dictator's crazy sons grabbing them off the street and raping them, then killing thier husbands when they make a fuss.

People tend to be hypocritical. They want equal rights and fair treatment for every group at home, but are not willing to support that effort abroad. It's o.k., because it's happening somewhere else. You know the old quote, "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing". It's very true, and because people don't want to get involved in overseas affairs, it will continue to be true. America shouldn't police the world? Tell that to the Iraqi who can sleep at night in peace now.

I've long felt that as a citizen of the wealthiest, most powerful country in the world, we owe something to others. As Peter Parker's uncle said, "With power comes great responsibility". FDR used devious (for lack of a better word) means to get the U.S. entered into WWII, because people at home said "No involvement in another European war". Yet FDR could see the big picture. How would the world look today if Hitler had won? How many people would not be here because their families would have been exterminated in the death camps? At that time, leaders pledged that there would never be another 'Holocaust'. So why should countries with the means to stop such a thing stand by while millions of people are murdered by a corrupt dictator? Are they not allowing another Holocaust to occur? Just because the victims are poor Iraqis and Kurds doesn't make their suffering any less real.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    And if the Org had the manpower to kill off the world, I am quite confident that they would not do that.

No??

The message Mrs Ozzie and i got from the "loving elders" was: "If it was up to us, we'd take you out and stone you!"

i'm sorry to say that these so-called "true christians" as they boast of themselves have another side to them.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

geez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit