Honour Killings - Who are we to talk?

by Spectrum 13 Replies latest social family

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

jeanniebeanz,

"I see where you are trying to take this, at least I think I do. You are saying that 'it's all wrong'. I agree. But this is comparing apples to oranges."

"You also do not acknowledge that I stated that I believe any kind of murder to be wrong whether it is done in the name of religion, passion, or cold blooded and pre-meditated."

I did what you said but think I might have taken issue with you because you mentioned apples and oranges. The point of this thread is to show that there are no apples and oranges they are all rotten apples whether a father kills a daughter in the east of a son hacks his parents to death in the west.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Spectrum a killer is a killer just as a murderer is a murderer, east west north or south.

It is mentalities like yours that try to overlook the murderous acts by the Muslim radicals.

Only a few years ago an honour killing of of a young girl in Jordan was not prosecuted. The families muslim beliefs and the muslim leaders gave them the right to do this.

If you think I am saying that OUR killings are more civilized than THEIRS you either can not read very well and that you are ignorant backward and a fool. A phrase you feel good at throwing at others.

Outoftheorg

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

outoftheorg,
    "It is mentalities like yours that try to overlook the murderous acts by the Muslim radicals."
    Your off your rocker. I'll let the muslims take issue with you on that. I'm not here to support islam.

"If you think I am saying that OUR killings are more civilized than THEIRS you either can not read very well and that you are ignorant backward and a fool."

Really?

"That is what makes it even more heinous than a mass murder or the murder of a person in the (west ??) as you describe it."

Then stop contradicting yourself. More heinous is it? Your either confused about what you are trying to say or you are purposely trying to be slippery.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo
    Not all killing are like this. Sometimes the brothers just find their sister and shoot her. It's still an honour killing just like an American boy shoots his parents for virtually no reason at all but it is not called an honour killing it's called homocide.

When was the last time you heard a western police chief say we are investigating an honour killing refering to the white boy that killed his white parents?

A big difference between a scenario like this and an "honour killing" is that the surrounding neighbors and the community at large in a Western land would see a brother shooting his sister or a son killing his parents (white, black, or whatever) as a horrific, unjustified, and terrible act, and would rightly condemn such an act as a crime, to be punished to fullest extent.

Whereas, in lands where "honour killings" are carried out, it's the community itself that seems to attempt to protect such acts as part of a valued tradition, and not to be interfered with by buttinsky officials who are trying to bring these idiots into the 20th century, if not the 21st.

I remember a news program where some Muslim murdered his daughter, when his house was under surveillance by the police. The screams I heard on that surveillance tape will haunt me to my grave. And don't even get me started on Female Circumcision...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit