Paragraphs - just do it

by wombat 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wombat
    wombat

I am not being picky or having a go at anyone.

I love this site.....It is my distraction at the end of the day and there are so many wise comments that I love to think about.

But too many of you compose posts with HUGE paragraphs. It's like opening the page of a 'phone book.

When I see such a post, I know it is going to be too hard for me to find the place on the screen if I am distracted..........so I don't even bother to read it.

If you want someone to read what you are writing, make it easy for them. Otherwise the potential reader's eyes will glaze over when they see a humungous "telephone page" and they will skip on to something easier to read.

I know that I do.

When you have a new thought, start a new paragraph. It makes it so much easier to understand you.

I reckon that rarely a paragraph more than six lines long is ever read by a casual viewer. So it's a WOFTAM for the poster.

• wombat
    wombat

Oops.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It's a little worse than excessive paragraphs (ie one per sentence). Those bug me, too

• wombat
    wombat

Yeah....I just had a go at JT on another site. Nice bloke but I got tired of scrolling down.

• gumby
    gumby
    I reckon that rarely a paragraph more than six lines long is ever read by a casual viewer. So it's a WOFTAM for the poster.

it seems like to me your

being kinda picky. afterall this is a site full of window washin bastards who pionnered and never finished skool

and don't have much edgucation becuz we have

been told the battle of armigedon was a cumin

and so we didnt take skool seariusly and we put our hopes

and dreams in the new sistem and not worldly wizdum. i

hope you can understand and have mor impathy for us folks who cant tipe well and arnt a smart as you arr. i tried

to make only sics lines to this post but coodnt do it very good.

gumbee

• wombat
    wombat

Gumby....I could understand your post so clearly.

You had spaces between your (idiotic) thoughts. Like....it wasn't a strain to read them.

Hey, only joking about the (idiotic). Don't get cross at me...........Wombat

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Normal formatting for paragraphs only works with IE. If people are using Macs or Firefox or any browser other than IE they have to add the paragraph breaks by putting in the html codes manually.

People aren't being lazy or trying to make your reading experience difficult.

• wombat
    wombat

Lady Lee...I believe you but I am not able to understand a word that you said because I am very old.

I just hit the "enter" key to make a para.

I know that you are correct.......I'll ask my son. He's a Mac freak. He will make me a mug of hot choclate and slowly explain it to me...........Cheers .....Wombat.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

wombat Hitting enter only works if you are using IE Have your son come here using his mac and have him show you how to make a post using something other than IE You'll see the difference

• wombat
    wombat

Okay Lady Lee. I'll take your advice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit