question, need some info

by onetwofour 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• onetwofour
    onetwofour

can some1 explain to me what does The laodicean messenger mean?

• Cellist
    Cellist

Sorry, I don't know the answer. Wasn't that a term they applied to Russell? I would imagine it's some sort of reference to the "letters to the congregations" in Revelation. But I really don't know, just guessing.

I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable posters here will come up with the answer for you.

Welcome to the board,

Cellist

• kls
    kls

Will send this back to the top for all the brains to see. I am sure someone will know.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Followers had been taught that Russell himself was the "faithful and wise servant" of Matthew 24:45 and "the Laodicean Messenger," God's seventh and final spokesman to the Christian church. But he lived to see the failure of various dates he had predicted for the Rapture, and finally died on October 31, 1916, more than two years after the world was supposed to have ended, according to his calculations, in early October, 1914..

I found this at...http://www.bible.ca/jw-history.htm ...I hope it helps!

• onetwofour
    onetwofour

thanx

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Onetwofour..............

It would be cool if you would at least introduce yourself and the reason you ask ANY ? here.

You don't even list your profile.

To find out what the Laodician Messenger is..........just type it in the keyword box.

The early dubs thought it was CTR. ( Oh........I guess you are wondering what CTR means too)

Tell us what and who you are and I/we will tell you ALL you want to know.

I know.........I'm being sarcastic.........but I'm just plain sick and tired/pissed off with newbies who don't say a thing about themselves.......who just come in here and ask questions.

PLEASE..........all you lurkers and newbies................tell us something about YOU............before you ASK about US or anything else.

If I am wrong for saying the above..........I am ready to accept my flogging.

HappyDad (of the really wierd class tonight)

• onetwofour
    onetwofour

i'm a non witness (call me Jay), who is researching jw stuff to show my jw friends

i am a newbie so i didnt know i was suppose to introduce myself etc.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thanks, onetwofour. Don't worry, HappyDad will be happier tomorrow and probably will offer abundant apologies.

I know what he's talking about. Sometimes it feels like we're used like one huge information clearing-house. It's better to have a connection with the newcomers, so the answers can be more personalized and helpful.

So, how old are you, and are your friends close? What spurred you to research this religion?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Dang Im glad I didnt get happy dad my first post here. I'd been reading for a long time but one day I just blurted out "What's a dub"

lol

The LM refers to one of the angelos (angel/messenger) sent to the 7th congregation Laodicia in Rev 2-3.

It was a term applied to Russell as a messenger to the modern church.

• kep81
    kep81

Hi

Im a newbie and i am definately not going to make the mistake of letting you know. My name is Kerri and i am 24 and live in Australia. Ok i am all new to the whole religion thing and for the passed year have been learning stuff from the jws and no matter what questions that i have they seem to have a great answer for everything and its so hard for me to know whats right when i read things that other people say are wrong about them. One thing i asked the jw's is is there bible translation wrong..... of course they said no and told me that all bibles get approved from some bible board thingy and also that the catholics said there bible is the most accurate translation to date. Its hard for me not having the knowledge that other people have but at the same time i dont want to be involved with them if they are a cult or giving me wrong info, also i cant seem to find any proof of them doing so but something inside says get more info. Can anyone help me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit