Over 160,000 Simply Left The "Truth" Last Year

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

That was the comment that a former elder made at the local meeting today in his comment. Evidently, he and his wife heard a Bethel speaker's comment during his talk say that (I believe the figure was) 167,000 people did not get disfellowshipped but simply left. The ex-elder made it a point to say that the elders should be watching to help out the flock before they up and leave.

• JH
    JH

That's alot of people in just one year.

Imagine if they would all join this site

• minimus
    minimus

Maybe that's why we have such a sudden surge here, huh?

• codeblue
    codeblue

sounds like it!

• JH
    JH

That amounts to about 2000 congregations in one year, that decided to stay home.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

No surprise there, Min.

Merry Christmas.

S4

• Honesty
    Honesty
    167,000 people did not get disfellowshipped but simply left

Some of us went out from among them after disseminating information disclosing some of the Watchtower Lies.

• zagor
    zagor

Still only 2.7% of dubs worldwide. I don't think comfortably secured asses in Brooklyn will take a notice until that figure goes to about 20 - 30 %

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

well if they would show some love and spend a bit more time shepherding and preventing them leaving the back door rather than spending all the time on the ministry, it maybe just maybe, would help

• fahrvegnugen
    fahrvegnugen
    well if they would show some love and spend a bit more time shepherding and preventing them leaving the back door rather than spending all the time on the ministry, it maybe just maybe, would help

To tell the truth, I hope they don't. The more out of touch Brooklyn and the travelling overseers become, the quicker people will become disillusioned and head for the exits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit