Another Newbie

by FadingAway 49 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH
    I love them that they always kept in touch with me and never shunned me for my decision.

Fading, that is amazing. Lucky you! Those evil worldly people can be so dastardly, can't they, with their true love and all!

Welcome.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Welcome to the forum FadingAway

I've been reading this forum for a while and I felt it was time to post my experience. I am very comforted when I read others experiences and how similar they are to mine, I don't feel alone.

That's exactly why there are so many supportive posters here. We all (or most of us) have the common ground of some type of dissatisfaction with the WTBS.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi fading away, welcome to the forum!

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

I really enjoyed reading about how you became a JW and your realizations that something was wrong. As mentioned by another poster, since your family are not JW's your fade will be "much easier"... ( I am in a fading position but I have a lot of JW family.......sigh)

I wish you the best and your wife as well!!!

Codeblue

• jb
    jb

Welcome to JWD FadingAway

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Welcome FadingAway,

I too converted as an adult and had a "wordly" family to fall back on when I left the borg, so I relate to a lot of what you posted. My family was really cool when I left JW's, no "see I told you so" or anything like that, just "glad you got out of that mess!" :)

• FadingAway
    FadingAway
    Those evil worldly people can be so dastardly, can't they, with their true love and all!

Yes LDH, beware of the worldly people with their clear thinking guided by common sense and compassion!!!

I am in a fading position but I have a lot of JW family.......sigh

codeblue: I know it must be tough, especially with the thought of being shunned by family. Even though I have family to fall back on, I have 2 sons that may complicate matters. My boys are 3 years and 6 months and the thought of losing them because I won't follow a man's org breaks my heart. We'll see what happens...

My family was really cool when I left JW's, no "see I told you so" or anything like that, just "glad you got out of that mess!" :)
    DanTheMan: That's great! I know it really comforted me when my parents and sister said whatever has happened has happened in the past. Let's just pick up and move on for the better!
  • Es
    Es

welcome to the board. Look forward to hearing more

es

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Isn't this cult lovely in how it breaks people?

WElcome and I wish you much success in your healing.

-ithinkisee

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Welcome FadingAway!

I'm fading too, and my husband is still in. It's hard at times, but the freedom I feel being out of the WT is so amazing that I would never ever go back.

Thanks for sharing your story, and I hope to hear lots more from you!

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit