Do you like Winter?

by JH 33 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Well, this is the first day of winter. For all those who love winter snow, ice, slush, slipping and falling, colds and sore throats, frostbite and shoveling, enjoy it, as for myself....I rather the warmer seasons, where everything is nice warm and clean.

So, to all winter lovers, ENJOY it !!!!!!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I get cold easily so any winter enjoyment for me involves being very bundled or sipping something with a bit of an inner fire if you catch my drift. ;) Though while you can always bundled up at least there is no need to sweat it out!

I think big flakes of snow, hoar frost, etc create some very beautiful imagery. It perhaps has a darker asthetic than the big gaudy flowers of spring but it is pleasant.

• HoChiMin
  • trevor
    trevor

Yeah! I enjoy all the seasons. Their contrasts emphasise the uniqueness of each season. I just got back from Venice in Italy last week. I enjoyed the crisp fresh air of the clear winter days as much as the heat of the summer when it is to hot to sit inside the bars and cafes there. I will choose winter to go there again. I think the secret of enjoying different seasons is to accept them for what they are and look for the benefits each season brings. Watch the wonder of life unfold through the rest that winter brings and then the rebirth in the spring. t

• Jourles
    Jourles

HoChi and I have the same brain pattern.

• JH
    JH

Who would have thought a thread like this would be started by a Canadian?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

No, I despise it. I'm a warm weather person.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi JH,

I prefer winter to 100 degree summers. Fortunately here we have few ice/snow days and temps are pretty decent in the winter. We even have sunshine much of the time. So thanks, JH, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I like the winter, I do. I like the crisp air that greets you when you step outside. I like being bundled up warm, but feeling the cool air in my lungs. I like coming in to a warm and cozy house. I like having a warm, warm girlfiend to keep me company on long winter nights.
    The winter is good from a utilitarian point of view, too. I don't like being too hot. When you're too hot, there's not much you can do except sweat it out. But during the winter, you can bundle up, and if you get too hot, unzip your jacket a notch and you're back to the comfort zone.
    I guess when I think about it, I like all the seasons. But winter does have its own particular charms.
    "As long as the earth endures,
    seedtime and harvest,
    cold and heat,
    summer and winter,
    day and night
    will never cease."
    SNG

• prophecor
    prophecor

I absolutely adore the winter. It's my second favorite season, right behind the fall. That crisp cold air that so intently entices the senses. The atmospheric condition that exist, the clouds that are so perfect in formation and structure as opposed to the heat that belongs to summer, those oppressive August aluminum skies that absolutely make life so uncomfortable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit