Had my first visit today

by Ticker 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Ticker
    Ticker

I've got a couple older "sisters" that come around and call on me trying to share a scripture. First visit since I moved. I'm ready to bring up some real watchtower dirt and curious to see how their going to react. They only tried pushing their literature once, I wasn't rude but refused it. I told them I respected only the bible and not mans interpretation which the magazines clearly were. They had to agree by knodding their heads but quickly blurbed some Watchtower rhetoric .

Clearly circular reasoning, I was amazed how they could not see it. I was also quite shocked by thier elusiveness as to what Witnesses believed on certain topics such as blood and demands on the members. I also brought up issues from the past to whicht hey wondered how I know so much about thier religion. lol I played innocent as I want to help them and not have them close down before getting serious thought on the misdirection of the watchtower. Im not their to subvert their faith but hope that some of my comments may wake one of them up and realize the Watchtower has duped them. Their desperate but these two at least havn't shut down yet and gone into Watchtower auto pilot. Interesting to see if they give up or will keep coming back for more.

Ticker

• young hearts, be free..
    young hearts, be free..

Work away mate, sow those seeds of doubt....They might be like the ones sownin fertile ground that have a deep foundation and continue to grow strong

• Panda
    Panda

Ticker, By old do you mean over 30? Well I'm thinking that as the winter progresses and the older sisters come to call, why not invite them in for hot tea and just talk about whatever is going on inthe world. Eventually take out the "In Search of Christian Freedom" and just have a few book markers in there and read a few quotes. Most JWs don't know what the book even looks like or who wrote it. Then ask them if *such and such is true?*

I had a few sisters stop by (I was their RV) but I guess that they got wise and never came again.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Haha Yah their over 30 but I didnt say 'old' just older.

Thats a good idea though maybe I will do that but im sure they will ask what book im using. Maybe it wouldn't ring a bell though like you said. I know I never learned of "crisis of conscience" until after I started questioning the Witness's.

Ticker

• Panda
    Panda

Ticker you'd be doing them a huge favor ... yikes I remember pioneering in EauClaire Wisconsin ... I would've LOVED being invited inside for hot tea and some adult conversation.... brrrr well we got down to 59 degrees today ... whooo hooo winter in south south texas.

• Panda
    Panda

Ticker you'd be doing them a huge favor ... yikes I remember pioneering in EauClaire Wisconsin ... I would've LOVED being invited inside for hot tea and some adult conversation.... brrrr well we got down to 59 degrees today ... whooo hooo winter in south south texas.

• pisces
    pisces

I've been living in the same area since 2003 and I am still waiting for a visit. Maybe my dog scares them away. By the way, Panda, I was in Eau Claire, WI congregation too!!!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

well done ticker - i wish i had been so prepared when I had Jws call the other week. my anger got the better of me though.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Have some fun for a while but rest assured after a few questions they can't answer,they won't be coming back.Ask them something and tell them to show you from the bible...

Where does the bible say that God has an organization and uses a governing body to direct it?

Goldminer

• Ticker
    Ticker

Thanks Crumpet I try to be patient with them. lol

Thanks for the suggestions goldminer, I'll try that next visit to have them prove from the bible if they bring up any so called revelations from God.

I may take Panda's advice too and invite them in for tea, then I'll show my evil apostate side by whipping out C of C, ask them a question that makes them actually think, and watch them run out the door as they cant answer. lmao

I just dont want to dicker with them too long, hoping next time they come we can get in a real debate on the Watchtower Society. They know already that im opposed to any Organization and their interpretation and Im guessing she is going to come and try to prove to me how "God must have an Organization". Should be fun because as I will counter with all of the Watchtowers failed phrophecies and show her how organizations fall short. Im going to treat it delicately as I don't want them to shy away from actually using their self autonomy and go into "ack its an apostate run!" mode.

Ticker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit