The Life of an Atheist and Agnostic

by Golf 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• greendawn
    greendawn

Google it depends on what kind of God you believe in and how you relate to him. When I say God I don't mean the devouring dragon JW god. Most theists don't feel enslaved as the JWs do.

• Golf
    Golf

MKR, what doe walking on steel beams have to do with anything? A belief system.

Everyone, everyday is confronted with death. In my trade its every minute. I'm also a professional tree remover. Again it's about a belief system.

I gave you an 'A" for answering 'yes' to my question, "Do you always question people's motives?" Is this based on bad experiences, if so, why do you allow it to control you? Our relationship with people is also based a belief system. How can people who do not trust their fellow man have a happy life? Then again, some people are happy being miserable.

Golf

• rebel8
    rebel8

There is a book "Freedom From God: Restoring the Sense of Wonder" that was discussed in a Humanist journal I subscribe to. It sounds like an interesting read.

• Golf
    Golf

Rebel8, you should have given some quotes. You gotta wet our appetites.

Golf

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    in reality you find meaning because you CARE about your current state of being and the impact your next move will have on it.... plain and simple, the meaning of life does not exist but for the meaning found by the living.

I like this. Thanks for posting this!

Dave

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

purpose, meaning, yada yada yada.

One thing I am certain of: The purpose of life cannot be to find the purpose of life. I would hate to believe I am here to find out why I am here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit