Anybody on a diet?

by MsMcDucket 26 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Sorry if that sounded a bit harsh - my point is, when you go "on" a diet, the insinuation is that you will come "off" it eventually. Change your life - change your diet to one you can live with for the rest of your life. That is presuming you do actually need to loose weight.

MEDICAL DISCLAIMER IN NO WAY SHOULD THIS STATEMENT BE CONSIDERED AS OFFERING MEDICAL ADVICE

MAY ALSO CONTAIN NUTS

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Ms McDucket,

From experience the best longest lasting and healthiest diet is just a natural balanced diet.

I was 90kg (5'11") and I got down to 70Kg in a year and a half but I was eating most of what I wanted including chocolates and cakes which I love. At 70kg everybody told me I looked ill so I put on another 5/6kg. I have been that weight now for 10 years and never starved myself. I do run a couple of times a week. I burn about 1000 calories a week from running. You don't have to run but you have to be active. I enjoy running so I run.

calories in - calories burned = what you'll look like in 6 months.

Find out what you metabolic rate is and then eat a balanced diet accordingly.

Balanced diet should include fruit and vegetables pulses, lots of them, pasta, brown rice, bread, any kind of meat cooked any kind of way but use olive oil, lots of fish.
    Cook it mediterranean style and watch your quantity and nature will do its work.

Stay away from pre-pack supermarket food they pack them with crap. There is a whole industry and science dedicated to adulterating food. It's just a supermarket trick to make more money out of you and ruin your health in the process.

• rebel8
    rebel8

http://mypyramid.gov

I am on a diet not to lose weight but to be healthier. My husband is on the same pyramid plan to lose weight. Our motivations are each other. We fill in the daily sheets and are honest with each other about what we eat and how much we exercise. I need the motivation of someone else being aware of what I'm doing. Otherwise I'll lay around eating cookies all day.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    My husband is on the same pyramid plan to lose weight. Our motivations are each other.

Good point, Rebel. Keeping a Food Diary is a great way to keep yourself on track. So many times, we don't realize how much we have eaten until you see it on paper.

CountryGuy

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Yeah, I too am watching my girlish figure!

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

I live everyday on a diet.

Pretty easy really. Eat crap and processed foods, get fat. Eat veggies, fruit, and lean protein, and work out 3 times a week or more...you'll be fine. Don't want to "pay that price"? Be fat.

• JH
    JH

My metabolism is quite fast. If I skip a meal, I lose 2 lbs automatically.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

My diet today so far has consisted of

Homemade biscuits and homemade country gravy, sausage, eggs, grapes and tangerines, mango juice, and coffee with can-milk.

I'm supposed to bake a turkey today but I'm afraid this morning's stick-to-the-ribs and rest of the digestive tract, I wont' be hungry.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

At 5"7 1/2 and 114 pounds I need nothing more than a diet. I need weight gain supplements.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

MEOW! Enigma One! Such eye candy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit