WTBS article prove 587/586 BC fall of Babylon

by crazies 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scholar
    scholar

Spectrum

Yes, you are right there is a 'tug of war' over issues of chronology not only between scholars over the Fall of Jerusalem in either 586 or 587 but between our sacred biblical chronology and those profane, secular chronologies of Christendom. These secular chronologies can only be understood by scholars and WT chronology can only be understood by the layman so it is as plain as that.

Christendom does advocate 586 or 587 and does not advocate 607 as you say but reason for this is that Christendom ignores entirely the biblical 'seventy years' of Judah so there chronologies are artificial and contrived as a 'deep thing of Satan'.

scholar JW

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    celebrated WT scholars

Names please...also...did you ever find out which papermill issued your degree? I've been waiting on an answer to that one for, what, a year now??

LOL

Jean

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Scholar,

You didn't answer points 1 and 2.

If you can please do.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    It appears that you have not followed my five year long defence of our chronology as you claim so perhaps you are walking in the path of self-delusion.

Well I stand corrected, I will do my homework and research your posts' to find said list and post it here as soon as I find it.

BTW I havent seen a list in my three years here. In all the battles Ive followed on this topic with you and others Ive never seen you post a "list" in your defense.

However that does not mean you havent, also if its so simple why not post a quick list a be done with me?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

"Celebrated scholars." Known only to themselves and celebrated only among themselves. To the rest of the world: anonymous nobodies with non-verfiable credentials.

• scholar
    scholar

Spectrum

I did not respond to points 1 and 2 because these are stupid questions and only fit for the fool.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

elderwho

Let me cut to the chase! The posts by crazies and jw facts provide the information you require so you can make up your list or summary from these two postings.

scholar JW

• jula71
    jula71

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL SCHOLAR.......what up man? Ummm...you better go talk to the elders........I did and got pretty interesting answer of them trying to make it work. They said "secular history is correct to a point" they basically said, Jerusalem was destroyed or dead in "Gods eyes" in 607.....the physical destruction could have happened anytime. First time I heard that twist...........good way to CYA !!

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Scholar,

I think it's just to painful for you to contemplate those questions as the true answers destroy the very essence of the God YOU worship.

Jesus taught love Jehovah revenge.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Scholar:

This post proves only the fact that current Neo-Babylonian chronology is in a mess because it cannot account for the missing gap of seventy years of Jewish captivity-exile-desolation of one of its territories namely Judah during the reign of Nebuchadenezzer. Also, the historical records do not account for the seven years of absence from the throne during the fore-mentioned reign.

Once again 'scholar' jumps in and says the entire realm of professional archaeology must be wrong because the Watchtower says so. The Society's flawed model ends in 537, which is simply impossible because the bible undeniably places the calling to account of Babylon's king after the 70 years (Jeremiah 25:12), which happened in 539BC.

The Society, also, has no specific years to assign to the 7 years of Nebuchadnezzar's absence. In any case, Nebuchadnezzar was still officially king anyway, so there was no need for it to be 'accounted for' by the tablets at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit