Is Christmas for Atheists?

by LittleToe 42 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Look, now, I've already asked that my threads not be derailed. Let's just stick the the question, shall we?

Oops, you're right. Sorry about that. Too much coffee, not enough sleep.

Is Christmas for Atheists?

Yes! Loving every minute of it!

Dave

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Blaming it on caffeine overdose and sleep deprivation? Sheesh, that's really lame!

I'm sorry, I really expected much more of you! And there I was thinking that skeptics were a generally more intellectual breed. Alas... forsooth... indeedy!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    And there I was thinking that skeptics were a generally more intellectual breed.

Skeptics aren't really a "breed", per se... but I guess that's off-topic.

Dave of the "gullible" class

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    Skeptics aren't really a "breed", per se...

You mean there isn't one born every minute?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I think the answer to this question will differ for every sect of atheism. Personally, I happen to be an orthodox fundamentalist atheist. I am planning on recruiting suicide bombers to teach those heretic agnostics a lesson they won't forget.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I was going to ask if anyone knew who invented "Crackers", but I think I've just found the answer!

"A little less gunpowder in the next one, George - we just sent Henry to heaven!"

• daystar
    daystar

LT

But my difficulty is in understanding how any pure Atheist could have anything to do with it. If you're a true Atheist, isn't it a little idiosyncratic?

When nothing is true, everything is permissible.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

As Christianity made so much for the end of religion -- atheism historically developed in Christian countries first --, I think atheists have every good reason to celebrate Christmas.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Daystar:

When nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Did you mean to post that version of the Wiccan Rede on the Pagan thread?

Didier:Yeah, but what have the Romans ever given us?

• greendawn
    greendawn

I can't see how it can be, perhaps it means something to them such as cherished childhood memories and the peaceful spirit of xmas but it won't have any real deeper meaning for them because they believe christianity and all religions besides are myths.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit