Fun JW Trivia.... Not Really

by drew sagan 9 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

A Circuit Overseer I had a while ago gave the service group one morning a trivia question. Where are the five places the governing body has resided? I'll give you his answer in a little bit. Have fun with this absurd question!

• sir82
    sir82

5 places?

Wait a minute...hasn't Jehovah "always" had an earthly organization? Hasn't there "always" been a Faithful & Discreet slave since 33 CE?

Ask him where the Governing Body of the FDS resided in the year 1182? or the year 1679? or the year 1848?

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Drew,

Here are my guesses:

first century: Jerusalem

Early Years of Bible students: Pennsylvania (Alleghany, Pittsburgh)

New York( Brooklyn , Patterson?)

JF Rutherford & associates: Prison in Atlanta Georgia, San Diego (infamous Beth Sarim)

Dead GB members: Heaven

How did I do?

I guess if they're preoccupied with trivia, they're not occupied with making up more rules.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

OK Drew its been 10 hours... I think that consitutes a little bit. Tell us the answer!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

OK Drew its been 10 hours... I think that consitutes a little bit. Tell us the answer!

• loosie
    loosie

Beth-Sarim?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

serendipity got it all right except one! Actually the most absurd answer. Here are the answers:

1. Jerusalem

2. The outside mountains of Jerusalem (remember "flee to the mountains"?!!!)

3. In Prison in Georgia

4. Pennsylvania

5. New York (Brooklyn)

• loosie
    loosie

So where were they between

2. The outside mountains of Jerusalem (remember "flee to the mountains"?!!!)

That's a long period of time.

• evergreen
    evergreen

LOL Loosie , got a kick out of that . And there was me trying to think of other places instead of Jerusalem, that is back then of course.

So let me get this right , the Gov body fled to the hills in 67ce . Is that about right?

Lets now skip a few years ; You know , just those few years in between!

The gov body then ended up in prison in when was it , oh yeah 1918ce.

Hey, of course, it does all make sense. Cant wait till i tell my wife that same trivia question . She will never think of the mountains.

Nice one Drew and welcome aboard

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yep, good entertainment, Drew! You're gonna do just fine!

Still, what the CO said was a load of crap, wasn't it? ThE "Governing Body" (whatever that is) has never lived in Jerusalem or even under the trees in the hills around Jerusalem. It's a borg myth for nowhere does the Bible speak of such a Watchtower-style "governing body".

Talk about even their trivia reinforcing their lies!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit